• This topic has 73 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Who's sitting down to watch the race then? F1 potential spoiler content
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

I was just thinking that, seems like a similar situation with webber, good drivers but not "racers"…

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

If webber and vettel were in maclarens this year, they'd be 5th or 6th in the championship

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Double post

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

good drivers but not "racers".

That's an interesting view. In terms of real battlers, the best 'racers' in F1 currently are Alonso, Hamilton and Schumacher. Watch Schuey right now, with Barrichelo behind him. Ruebens in a much quicker car, but Schuey will do everything to keep him behind. As will Alonso. The race where he kept Schuey behind him for so long, in a much slower car, showed what a real battler he is. Vettel needs Alonso to make a mistake, which is unlikely. More likely that Vettel will overdo it in frustration and go off the track really.

rOcKeTdOg

schumy *shakes head*

if ever there was a need for a black flag

Schuey will do everything to keep him behind

including deliberatly trying to run someone into a wall?

Pook

schumy – attempted murder?

Philby

I see Schumacher hasn't lost his 'killer' instinct – Barricello very lucky not to be embedded in the wall.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha! Nipped off for a pee, missed Barichello overtaking Schuey! But see that? Shuey just doesn't know when to give up. He's lost his edge, no longer the driver he once was, but still a racer at heart. Very dangerous move that though.

Edric64
    Free Member

Dirty Hun!

alwyn
    Free Member

That's racing, Senna would have done the same.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

That is definately a black flag offence

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Had Alonso been in the RedBull and Vettel in the Ferrari, guaranteed Alonso would have attacked like mad. 2nd is a good result for him considering the speed of those Red Bulls.

I'd love to see the WC closed right up so that 4 or 5 drivers can win it, going into the last race.

Pook

Vettel's turning into a petulant little sod isn't he?

donsimon
    Free Member

Is Vettel going to trip over his bottom lip?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Drive of the day definately the big cry baby though. It's too easy when your car is 1.5 seconds a lap faster, not exactly a hard fought victory

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Vettel's not happy, but then why didn't he attack Alonso more?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Wonder if rubens will lamp schumacher one? I certainly would, so would prost or senna!

Pook

With a car 1.5 seconds faster he should have driven past Alonso rather than sliding sideways over the aprons trying to give it the beans all the time.

Pook

WHO WAS SHE??? 8)

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Just highlights the difference between alonso and vettel. Different league really

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wonder if rubens will lamp schumacher one? I certainly would, so would prost or senna!

Prost wouldn't lamp anyone. Senna, definitely! Mansell would have moaned incessantly at them, Damon Hill would have played his guitar at them, and James Hunt would have blown cigarette smoke in their face then nicked their woman in front of them. Hamilton would probably have got very upset and had a little cry. And got his dad on them.

MrOvershoot

Pook – Member

WHO WAS SHE???

Don't know but she had impressive credentials 😉

yunki
    Free Member

As a 'race', this is not a great spectacle.

good summary of F1 that..

Waderider
    Free Member

First 'race' I've watched in a while as a lapsed fan, and it still isn't.

Or maybe I've just watched enough of them to become bored of the 'spectacle'.

hora
    Free Member

I left the sofa after the 7th lap and went out. I honestly thought everyone upto 5th would finish in their starting positions.

Schu needs to quit. No talk of 'next years car etc' either. Hes definitely lost his talent.

At least Lance cameback and gave a really good account for himself.

Pook

He will. Give it time.

hora
    Free Member

Its really doing damage though to his rep. So he should stay. We are seeing the old Schu coming out- the cheat, the disregard, the lack of sporting.

Keep him on- let him royally embarrass himself further.

Unless Mercedes can engineer secret launch control etc into his car 😉

LMT
    Free Member

The schuey incident was bang out of order and Vettel couldn't even park his car right at the end, crashed into the sign post! If i ever saw someone throwing toys out of his pram it would of been Vettel, i really don't see what the problem was, he broke the rules but still came 3rd, most drivers would call that a result!

Whats with the trophies as well, wouldnt want to sit on them by mistake thats them trashed!

hora
    Free Member

I know people admire Senna, Schumacher etc for their 'ruthlessness' as they were 'racers'.

Personally Its **** bollocks.

You can have close wheel-to-wheel racing, be a spirited-racer without being reckless with someone elses life.

Its not 'tame' to think my way. Ruthlessness is actually 'Im not doing too well so I'll hit you rather than marvel at your good-form this race.

Thats the reason why I've never rated Senna as one of the best. To win 'at all costs' isn't in the spirit of racing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

To win 'at all costs' isn't in the spirit of racing

?

What is then? Care to enlighten us all?

hora
    Free Member

Watching replay- why is Vettel waving his hands around going down the pit/taking a drive-through?

What is then? Care to enlighten us all?

How many great racing drivers pushed their compatriots into walls, swerved across hard to ram them when they realised their race was over or deliberately rammed another driver to end the race in their favour?

Are these people your 'heroes'?

hora
    Free Member

Whoooooooooooooooaaaaaa. 10 grid place-drop should be a race ban IMO.

Crackers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How many great racing drivers pushed their compatriots into walls, swerved across hard to ram them when they realised their race was over or deliberately rammed another driver to end the race in their favour?

Erm, Schumacher and Senna? 😆

Although I can't remember Senna doing so to a fellow Brazillian, or Schuey to a fellow German…

hora
    Free Member

Talented and possibly consistently the best in their field at the time but not truly 'great' IMO.

If Schumacher played far he wouldn't hold 7 championships. 4.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Who's sitting down to watch the race then? F1 potential spoiler content’ is closed to new replies.