Viewing 8 posts - 241 through 248 (of 248 total)
  • Who's got the bestest watch?
  • hora
    Free Member

Don Smith + Woody = NICE

aP
    Free Member

+1 chipps. They do go through straps amazingly quickly though.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Destroyed my Seiko Kinetic but I will never spend loads ever again as I destroy watches easily and just killed my Titanium Kinetic! £1500 gone down the drain. Gun metal grey too. And it had good reserve as other Kinetics have stopped on me from lack of movement etc

Maybe £150 and change yearly? and fashions change too.

Using the mobile alot too and leaving watch at home!

fivespot
    Free Member

Seiko Kinetic divers watch, worn for the last 19 years, still on the original strap, never serviced & keeps great time.

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

@don simon

Heuer Autavia 11630MH from the 70's..

🙂

CountZero

Given sufficient funds, one of these two would be top of my list.

jeffc

Well at the risk of invoking the wrath of the anti's, I have:

One of these (Rolex Submariner Bi-metal Slate dial with diamonds and sapphires):

One of these (44mm Hublot Big Bang in steel, carbon fibre and ceramic):

One of these (IWC Spitfire Chronograph):

One of these (Rado Diastar Integral)

And a bunch of other regular watches, Garmin HRM etc

As for why one would spend several grand on a watch that doesn't tell the time as well as a 10 quid quartz watch, there's no answer which will convince those who question. All I can say is that my watches could be re-sold if I really wanted to and would fetch more than I paid for them – probably 50% more for the Big Bang and Sub but that's not why I buy them. They represent a feat of engineering and craftsmanship which is becoming less and less valuable to many in today's disposable-good society.

I guess I could have 20k+ extra in my bank account if I sold my watches. What's the point in that? You can't get any real 'use' out of numbers in a bank account, can you? I don't need a flasher car, more bikes or anything else so why not?

martinxyz
    Free Member

yep, you have invoked the wrath of my aunty. she recons you should sell all but one. ;o)

If you have the money and love the watches then its up to you what you do.Everyone on here has something or other kicking about that they dont need that they choose to keep.

you should change your name to jeph.

p.h. for professional hoarder!

Viewing 8 posts - 241 through 248 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘Who's got the bestest watch?’ is closed to new replies.