Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Whos got a Land Rover discovery 3?
  • flip
    Free Member

Are they really thirsty, i test drove one today and the salesman reckons 30mpg, most people seem to think 20 ish.

And are they reliable? im looking at an 08 or newer.

Cheers.

boobs

tdv6 'bout 22 driven normally. Get the sales man to demonstrate, should be interesting.

julesf7
    Free Member

Hm, you might get 30 if you take all the seats out and go on a diet. I tend to get closer to 25 out of mine, although still experimenting with Miller additives on the consumption figures. Regarding reliability, it is known to have a few glitches but overall is pretty good. Certainly if you were getting an 08 plate then many of the early teething troubles will have been resolved… have a look at disco3.co.uk for more info. Overall a wonderful vehicle, but then I am completely biased since I recently got one 🙂

flip
    Free Member

Hmmm i'm biased too cus i love Land Rovers, i don't do many miles but 20mpg is kak, it felt super solid though, and the auto drove superb.

Got the guy bringing it to my house to see if it fits in my garage 😉

scraprider
    Free Member

25 / 28 , depends on how you drive it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What do you actually need one for though?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Work gave me a V8 petrol turbo thing for a couple of months. I don't remember many times when the mpg was in double figures – glad I wasn't paying for it. It was fairly reliable but it was very easy to kill the battery – not sure if it was simply mine or a common fault at the time. (2006)

Having said that, it was a model of environmental virtue when compared to the 5.8l chevvy suburban I got next!

flip
    Free Member

To drive, why else? oh and going to Asda 🙄

1OrangeOne

I've had a few Disco 3's and if driven carefully you can get 30Mpg once run in but typically I've had 26 – 28. If you stay below 80MPH on the motorway 28 – 30 on a run.

will
    Free Member

Hired one on a trip to the Lakes and got 23mpg. They are very thirsty, however i love them! Much better than a Rangie me think 🙂

flip
    Free Member

Hmm yes i was going for a Range Rover Sport till i seen a Disco 3, now i'm not so sure.

One i test drove had cream leather mmmm….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to have a prototype/pre-release version to play with way back when (Family connection). I was given the task of trying to break it over a weekend on Salisbury Plain.

I failed my task miserably. But I want one. I really do want one. What a superb car. Very few vehicles have impressed me that much, but the new Disco really did.

Bro-Bra
    Free Member

I have one over here in Canada the specs are a bit different engine wise as they don't sell the diesel in North America (they replaced it with a 4.4 V8 version which I have)and they are all auto.

I can get 24 MPG from mine if I "hyper-mile" on the rolling highway. Reliability wise it is defiantly not built by honda or toyota but it has its own special character and the worst thing that has happened to mine is a dead battery.

As for why I drive one, it is the comfiest vehicle I have even owned and it can go anywhere. Try shuttling up a unpaved logging road with 5 people and 5 DH bikes in your prius and then ask why.

MikeWW
    Free Member

I've got one and must be doing something wrong
    2.8 V6 diesel (58 plate) and I average 31.8(that's probably over the last 10,000 miles or so)
    I'm doing 30,000 a year but don't deliberately drive economically-only thing I can think of is its loosened up(but can't remember getting any less than 29 ish
    Great vehicle-can take 5 bikes and 5 people without a problem and I'd definitely have another

berniethebike
    Free Member

I've got an 05 plate and get typically 29.8 – 30.4 on average. If my wife uses it this goes down to 28ish!
    I use it for bikes and horse trailer – get 4 of us, 3 bikes, 2 horses and a week's kit in for Scotland.
    BTW Gorse Bank at Dalbeattie Forest is AMAZING!
    Bernie

timber

Had one in my previous job, TDV6 auto, used mostly as a towcar with a 18 foot trailer to capacity and a bit, best of all the Discoverys by a very long way, swift tow car and well planted unlike the previous ones, we could dream of 20's, but always made double figures, something the V8 defenders rarely did

If I could afford one, I'd probably have one
    and the stereo upgrade is bangin'

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Whos got a Land Rover discovery 3?’ is closed to new replies.