Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Who's got a big TV then?
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

To be fair it’s unlikely people will take pics when it’s filthy. 😀

xico
    Free Member

Do people actually have houses that tidy?

Sorry, Wilburt, but that room is cluttered in my minimalist world!

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’m more worried that these houses look more like a private dentists waiting room rather than a home! Probably due to pics being taken by proud owners just after they’ve been done up.

squealer
    Free Member

That photo was taken just before I posted it and it’s been built for a year!

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

49″, wall mounted and we sit about 3-3.5m from the screen. It’s far too small.

tenfoot

32″ TV would have been huge!

I have a 32″ Sony crt tv that has been sitting in my garage for 3 years as it’s too heavy for me to take to the tip, thus requiring some manpower that I never seem to get round to organising.

Funny how things change though. When we got our 42″ plasma (7 years ago) all of my and Mrs 10ft’s family said it was too big. Now they all have them too.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

People never regret buying a TV that is too small, so if in doubt size up. Bear in ming that the size is measured diagonally so an extra 5 inches or os doesn’t translate to a tv that is that much bigger in terms of width and height.

teethgrinder

captainsasquatch
    Is the TV the new penis compensator now that cars are not so cool?

Yes. Have you not got one, like?

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

use a screeneo and make is as big as you like *

* well up to 100 inches

Cougar

the same wife who is now hankering for the 60 prevented me from buying the 46 at the time) and is pretty thick

I’m sure she has other qualities though.

welshfarmer

32″ here. Beginning to feel inadequate. Anyway, I hardly ever watch TV, so it’s not what you’ve got, but what you do with it that counts 🙂

DrP

We’ve a 40″ and I honestly wouldn’t want to go bigger..it’s kind of in a recess, next to the chimney breast, so any bigger ahs it would look jammed in.

So basically,I need a bigger house….don’t i?

DrP

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Panasonic 50″ I’ve got my eye on is only slightly bigger than my current 42″ plasma due to the massive bezel on the old plazma.

bikebouy
    Free Member

42′ here and it looks lost on the wall.

Yak

32″ CRT. Oh yes, nevermind the inches, feel the weight 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

32″ in a 3*4m room, feels about right but I don’t game or watch a huge amount of tv

cozz
    Free Member

had a 40″ for ten years, went last year to get a bigger one (new house – bigger room)

wanted another sony, they come in 55″ and 65″ Mrs let me buy a 65″ one

had it a year, its awesome blue ray films are ace, and planet earth amazing

bearnecessities

Unless you have a “media room”, anything over 32″ is vulgar.

That said, if you stick the kid in the fridge, squealer’s man cave looks bloody perfect 🙂

CountZero

The relative massiveness of any new TV lasts about 2 hours afaik!

Oh, absolutely! When I bought my first widescreen TV, a Philips Blackline 32″ CRT, which replaced a 24″ Panasonic FST CRT TV, my mum came into the room just as we’d finished struggling in with it and getting it onto the stand; she took one look, and said “oh my God, it’s huge!”
    Within a day or so, it looked absolutely normal.
    I’ve got a 40″ Bravia that’s now around seven, coming up eight years old, that has a large black bezel around it, and I reckon I could pretty much get a 55-60″ into the same place, just by moving the stand out a couple of inches.
    No plans to yet, the Sony is still working perfectly, the two sets it replaced, as mentioned above, both lasted fifteen -twenty years…

cozz
    Free Member

[quoteUnless you have a “media room”, anything over 32″ is vulgar[/quote]

vulgar, FFS , have a word with yourself

a new 55″ is not much bigger than an old 40″

New HD and 4k stuff is great on a big telly

I don’t go to see films at cinema, so buy them on blu ray and watch them at home

Image how vulgar it would be going to the cinema !

jon1973
    Free Member

Unless you have a “media room”, anything over 32″ is vulgar.

That’s such a strange thing to say. My grandparents (and we’re talking 30 years ago now) used to have a tv that was built into a cabinet, where the doors would close to hide the screen, as it the tv was something to be ashamed of. Kind of an attitude that someone who was born in early part 20th century would have (or someone trying to pretend that watching tv is somehow below them).

We have a 65″ tv mounted on the wall, with surround sound, watching films is an awesome experience. So our lounge IS a media room, and is bloody brilliant.

cinnamon_girl

My grandparents (and we’re talking 30 years ago now) used to have a tv that was built into a cabinet, where the doors would close to hide the screen, as it the tv was something to be ashamed of.

My parents had the same. I am however very grateful that they never used the tv as a babysitter. By ‘rationing’ our viewing us kids actually played inside and outside with others including riding bikes, as well as reading books etc.

convert

Slightly regretting our recent purchase of a 52″. We have moved into a flat (not ours – comes with my job) with a very fine period living room; 26′ X 26′ with double and a half high ceiling and a massive fireplace that demands to be the focal point of the room. The shape of the room means it could not go on a wall and just didn’t want too big a bit of black plastic in the space when not in use (vast majority of the time). Maybe also a bit of illogical snobbery about big tvs too.

In our little living room a 42″ gave an immersive ‘movie night’ feel to nights in in front of the TV. This thing might be 10″ bigger so something like 40% larger area (guess) but it does not feel as good to watch.

jon1973
    Free Member

Having a big TV and doing other things with your time are not mutually exclusive though.

cinnamon_girl

Studies show that kids are watching more tv/screens than ever.

bearnecessities

I should have included a smiley, perhaps 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

😀

funkmasterp

TV is the devil! If one must watch it then at least have an artistic statement and be sure to tell everyone how little TV you watch as your life is sooo full to the brim with reading, crocheting, playing Othello with the children and riding Unicorns. People really love hearing about it too.

*I own a 47″ Smart TV and sometimes let my toddler watch a film or Cbeebies on it. On occasion this may happen more than once a day. I expect I’ll be reported to social services and have my child taken off me.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Our living room is 5.3m x 3.5m and rectangular. We have a 43″ LED TV in the corner as we have a fireplace. I probably could have a got a bigger one but I didn’t want it to be the centrepiece of the living room. Each to their own IMHO.

DrP

Studies show that kids are watching more tv/screens than ever

But we’re also living longer…

Ergo, “hey duggie” cures heart disease… Probably…

DrP

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

We have a TV. It works (apart from most Freeeview channels). Freeview / Now TV / etc.etc. confuse the bejesus out of me.

That’s pretty much all I know about it.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Who's got a big TV then?’ is closed to new replies.