Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • who was the greatest boxer of all time?
  • bigdawg
    Free Member

tyson under cus da mata (sp??)- unbeatable

buster douglas was lucky with the choice of ref that day…

piha
    Free Member

Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao for me. Ten titles in eight different weights, you can’t argue with that. 52 wins,3 loses and 2 draws. He had a poor upbringing but has managed to keep his feet on the ground.

I think that Tyson in his prime would have beaten anyone, as said above some of his opponents were beaten before they even got into the ring. The guy was just pure aggression and power, quite unstoppable. Shame he went off the rails.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Did someone mention Calzaghe?

He was great at slapping his opposition, but I never actually saw him throw a real punch! 😉

Tyson is a fave of mine, just because I grew up in that era, he was unbelievable to watch, a pure powerhouse and spectacle.

In terms of British boxers, Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank have to be considered.

Oh, and maybe Glenn McCrory. 😉

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Kobe, Ozzy or Chyna or perhaps our latest addition Kona

jp-t853

I would have agreed with the comments about Ali not beeing all he was built up to be. All I remember of Ali was as a child hearing my parents talking about one of his last fights saying he should have quit earlier which clearly he should have done given what it has reduced him to.

BUT if you watch ‘When We Were Kings’ the documentary about the Rumble in the Jungle, it is incredible to watch a man get thoroughly beaten up round after round and then turn it all around in the second half of the fight. It was an amazing fight and he was clearly an amazing fighter.

Foreman should have won and he should have had greater ability but Ali worked his own strengths to perfection and that makes him the better boxer.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘who was the greatest boxer of all time?’ is closed to new replies.