Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Who to use to send suspension forks with
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Any ideas? Since the Royal Mail “shock” incident? Is there any safe way of posting forks making sure they actually arrive at the destination and not stolen for a auction?

dannybgoode

I just use myparceldelivery.com and that gives me access to CityLink – not let me down (yet)

Cheers

Danny B

monkeyboyjc

Hermes – cheaper than most other companies and you can drop off the parcel at many local collection points. Ive almost completely swapped from royal mail to them (after my bars were ‘to long’ for royal mail) on all my ebay items. Not had a single issue so far – sent two forks with them in the past year.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Who are tftuned and mojo using for posting theirs?

I just need make sure some forks get there safely 🙁

spence
    Free Member

Use TNT last week to send a pair of pikes and an rp3 to Loco, cost £26 for next day delivery. Booked in the morning and collected from home in the afternoon.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Are parcelforce ok sending forks? I used them a while back no sweat?

willv

Sent mine Royal Mail the other week to Fishers no problems

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hmmm I daren’t risk Royal Mail, city link is 30 quid!

I used TNT the other week and it cost £13 I think for next day for my forks

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Can just regular folk like me send via TNT? Do they collect from you?

Yes Oscillate – easy to do on their website

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Thanks bud will have to check them out I’ve always sent mine via parcelforce but are they not just the same company as Royal Mail? Would be much less fad with parcelforce as I can just go the post office with them

timmys

If you are using TFtuned then just use their collection service. I think it’s actually cheaper anyway.

wiggles
    Free Member

Used my Hermes for some I sold on eBay. Was about £6 and just dropped them off at local dry cleaners where they scan them and Hermes pick them up so no queuing at the post office or waiting at home.

gb1m
    Free Member

I used interlink direct last week and they were good . £21 for next day and insured upto £250.

You do need to be there for them to pick up which is a pain .

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers guys gbm1 – interlink? I can have them picked up from work I guess would need a bit more insurance than that nearer 300 but hopefully you can add a bit more?

Pikes on then mate?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Gb1m – did you specify them as suspension forks in the comments box or just put them as sporting goods?

gb1m
    Free Member

Interlink direct .. That’s the one you can use without an account and yes stated them as sporting goods . You can insure it for more. I think the next tier up was £500 but was nearly an extra tenner.

Yep pikes are on but not ridden them yet . Using my privee as it easier to clean.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers gb will probably just use the lower level then like you, sounds good though will check them out tomoz, thanks!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just a bump has anyone defintitely used parcelforce to send forks recently? they are by far the cheapest way for me to send with correct insurance

monkeyboyjc

Parcel force starts at £12…
    Hermes is about £9 with insurance….

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

bit late to this thread, but i used parcelforce about a week ago to send my bike frame (which included the are shock) and it all arrived safely no problems

i did go through ‘Mail, Boxes, etc’ though rather than via the post office

granny_ring

Monkey, what was the insurance value for that price?

My forks came back from Freeborn today with APC. No extra padding/protection on the box and they were unscathed.

singlespeedstu

I used the “drive to the workshop yourself” service* with Loco .
    Tomorrow i’ll be using the same service to have the fork delivered back home. 🙂

*It might help if you have a customer visit withing a couple of miles of the workshop.

monkeyboyjc

@granny_ring only goes up to £250
    link to prices
    But its actually less than £8 to send a sub 5kilo parcel with the £250 level of insurance.

giantjason
    Free Member

I sent a set of forks recently with parcel force without any trouble.

granny_ring

Cheers Monkey, worth remembering.

andyeez
    Free Member

2nd for APC, even better if you have a local depot. Used them for bikes and forks without problems and good prices too.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Don’t know about internal, but Parcels2Go using Parcel Force came out cheapest for the frame I’m sending to France today, including insurance. Might be worth trying through them.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Who to use to send suspension forks with’ is closed to new replies.