Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • who to invite to stag do?
  • oblique
    Free Member

I have never been on a stag do and my best man is asking for a list of people so he can get going with the orginising. It will probably be a weekend away in the uk.

My question is should I stick to the tiny list of people that I know well (7) or should I invite people I am not that close with to make up numbers? Not ever being invited to such events I am not sure what will work best.

MrTall
    Free Member

Keep it to the people to whom you are close, otherwise bigger groups tend to fragment and you don’t see each other for half of the night, plus some bars/clubs don’t like 20 hammered blokes all trying to get in at once.

7-10 sounds like a good number to me.

alfabus
    Free Member

weekend away – I’d stick to the people you know really well and want to be there.

booze up / evening out – More the merrier, invite all work people and acquaintances.

Can you do both? – for my stag do we went karting during the day, and out in the evening… lots more people invited for drinks than to the day bit.

Dave

jonb
    Free Member

It’s up to you, it’s your stag party.

I’ve been on both types. Large ones are a good laugh as you meet people you haven’t seen in a while and you don’t often get a chance to go away with. Having 30+ people staying in the lakes with drinking, eating, walking, go karts etc. was great fun. But there was plenty of faff.

I went on one last year for a very good friend and it was small. His brothers and a few good mates. We mostly had a really chilled day and evening (he doesn’t drink so no wild nights on the town). Nice meal, went to a comedy club a few bars. Really enjoyed it, good banter with genuine close friends.

Large ones you are limited to what you can do, they can get out of hand and become something you don’t want depending on the group, especially if they don’t know you well. Small ones with close friends will be more personal maybe quiter but equally fun.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I just had 4 of my closest friends on my stag do in Amsterdam. I didn’t want a huge party or family there (didn’t want them to see what I was getting up to/smoking/taking etc) I’ve been on several stag do’s all overseas that have been large groups. The group always splits up at some point and then you have the issue of trying to get a large group of pissed English blokes into somewhere. Been to Krakow in Poland several times ane they are the worst, anything over two in a group and you’ve had it, top weekend though!

Just have people you want there not people you think should be there.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

post the details on here – see who turns up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘who to invite to stag do?’ is closed to new replies.