Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Who makes this tyre?
  • klunky
    Free Member

I want a mud tyre in 2.35 to 2.4 or so single ply and not supertacky?

Dont want mud x or trailraker as they are too skinny.

d45yth
    Free Member

Troll??? 😆

jam-bo

Mud tyres should be skinny or they won’t work.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Schwalbe Muddy Mary 2.35.

druidh
    Free Member

Some disagree…..

tomhoward

Panaracer fire fr 2.4? Might not be single ply though…

carlosg
    Free Member

I run 2.35 Maxxis swampthings when the trails start getting muddy on an xc and dh bike.They grip pretty well on harder surfaces too.A Google search found them at £19 each at the moment

neninja
    Free Member

Not a pure mud tyre but the Conti Baron 2.3 would be wort consideration.

Or how about 2.35 Schwalbe Dirty Dan, Panaracer 2.25 Cedric Gracia Soft Conditions

Or the Geax Dakura 2.2 on On-One for only £12.99 per tyre for folding or UST folding

njee20
    Free Member

Dirty Dan 2.35? The 2.1″ one is like a light Mud X. I imagine with the Vert Star compound it’ll be rather grippy.

tomhoward

Carlosg, are they in stock? Iirc swampthings are discontinued?

Northwind

Conti Baron is exactly what you’re after. Black chili compound, bit pricy but miles better than the alternatives.

Only reason to buy a swampthing now is that they’re cheap tbh, Baron does the same job but is better at everything. Faster than a maxxpro, grippier than a supertacky.

devs
    Free Member

SWAMPTHING!!!!

househusband

Geax Datura – On-One were selling them cheaply a while ago.

lecky94
    Free Member

Have look at the maxxis beaver,not sure if it comes in as wide as 2.4 ,iv just got one and seem very impressed so far.still rolls fast on the road due to the 70a/60a compound.

klunky
    Free Member

Thanks all. I have a 2.35 swampy (worn out) but they are no longer in porduction. All the google ones I could find were sold out (feel free to correct me please!)

Will check out the beaver and Baron. I dont know about the geax thing – never heard of them really and super cheap means either a bargain or a shite tyre

carlosg
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Who makes this tyre?’ is closed to new replies.