Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • who here uses a wingnut bag?
  • pitduck
    Free Member

Where did you get this done?+1(made even better by replacing the fashion-over-function water resistant zips with proper chunky non water resistant ones when the former inevitably wear out ) 😀

Max
    Free Member

Cheap chunky YKK zip off eBay or Amazon – can’t remember which exactly – then a DIY job with a needle and thread. I say DIY – in my case it helped that my girlfriend was generous with her time…

DeeJay
    Free Member

Very happy with my 2.5. I use the Source/Deuter 2 litre bladder and as for a pump the mini mountain morph will fit OK. One of the side pocket zips broke but the local alterations shop put me a new one in for a tenner – while it was away I used a Camelbak which definately reminded me as to why I like the Wing-nut!

D0NK

wingnut user here (after recommendations by ton and deejay 🙂 ). Bought the 3.0 after getting backache with camelbaks after a few hours in the saddle. Side pockets are great, very comfy and stable in use, no “pack trying to go over your head” on steep downs. Tiny bit of a faff getting on compared to ‘baks but if you pack your gear right you’ll rarely have to take it off mid-ride.

Pricey but worth it.

singletracksurfer

I use ’em too 😀

Mostly the same comments as people above i.e. side pockets are soooo useful and is very comfy. The 2.5 is my favourite – swallows plenty of kit including a Lezyne micro floor drive (mini track pump). I really don’t like using ‘normal’ backpacks now.

I think/thought the trouble with the zips was just with the earlier metal ones.

GDRS

Hey CG if you have a shoulder injury these packs are a winner (if you like packs – and frame mounting stuff is not your thing).

Also for those that sweat a lot – I find that in the summer the wing nut is much cooler than the Deuter packs I used to favour.

frogstomp

This thread reminded me I was going to check these out… Ordered a 3 which came this week and after a first ride today i’m most impressed – lots of space, stable and really unobtrusive..

It is rather on the pricey side compared to the alternatives but it works really well and I guess it’s inevitable that you pay a bit of a premium for what is probably a lot lower volume (sales-wise) than camelbak etc

cinnamon_girl
    flatfish
    Free Member

My lezyne micro floor pump fit’s a 2.5.
    Just.
    I think its longer than a mountain morph too.

cinnamon_girl

flatfish – ah,yours must be 300mm length then?

frogstomp – glad you’re pleased following so many glowing reports!

flatfish
    Free Member

Not got it to hand but it must be something like that.

frogstomp

CG – you’re welcome to try my one (you’re local to me?) to help you decide.. it doesn’t feel like a ‘big’ bag..

cinnamon_girl

OK, I now have the 2.5 Wingnut and a Hydrapak 1.5 bladder. 8) But I don’t understand how to use a Camelbak tube in place of the Hydrapak one cos there seems to be a little spring in it. ❓

But I have managed to get my magnificent Morph Turbo in, at an angle admittedly. And how big is this Wingnut? For a bumbag, it’s huge. 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member

I had a wingnut enduro. Lasted about 3 months of fairly light use before the stiching came apart on the main straps.

Wouldn’t recommend at all.

xcentric
    Free Member

Camelbak now making something similar – look for the LR (lumbar reservoir) versions – charge and octane are the models, iirc. Reviewed towards end of last year and available in the Uk in a month or so…..

cinnamon_girl

I have 2 of the 3.0 Enduros and one of them is many years old. I am happy with the quality, nothing has broken/came unstitched despite my frequent wipe-outs.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Just used my wingnut on a biking/walking/hiking trip on Skye…. No major issues. I have the big one, can’t remember its name but fitted lots of stuff in there and a camelbak 3l bladder. The way it just sits on the top of the hips felt good as been suffering with my lower back of late.
    Lots of rain which on the first trip meant everything inside got a soaking but was cured by using my camelbak mule waterproof cover. Apart from that would highly recommend it.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘who here uses a wingnut bag?’ is closed to new replies.