Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Who else here doesn't really ride mtb's anymore?
  • lyons
    Free Member

I've not ridden my mtb for about 3.5 months now… Instead I'm riding my bmx, every day that I possibly can. A
    it's not that I don't enjoy mountain biking anymore, I just never get round to doing it… Anyone else in a similar position?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nope I ride more at present – the extra is my road bike – for fitness but I still love MTB 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Wish I had more time to ride my BMX. MTB always wins though.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I've ridden my MTB once in a month. For half an hour. I've caught some serious ghey. Fortunately this will be corrected this weekend.

the_prophet
    Free Member

found myself riding the road bike alot more recently, could be down to a lack of time but also had few issues that needed sorting with the mtb.

think i've just been making the most of the dry (ish) weather before the winter comes and i can ride the mtb whenever i like.

drofluf
    Free Member

Just the opposite, returned to mountain biking this year and will choose mtb over the road bike most days.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I've only been out a few times this year and I've been doing much more road riding.

I'm trying to finish my PhD so I'm working one day each weekend, and if I want to see my GF too that effectively means no MTB because even a trip to Cannock (my local) on the train takes up pretty much most of the day for a decent ride, when you include getting cleaned up and sorted out when back at home.

By contrast I can nip out for 2-3 hours on the road bike in the morning and still have most of the day left for work.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

😯

I was going to say no comparison and all that, but having got a fixie on the C2W I guess i have been tending to ride that a fair bit, taking long routes home on my commute etc, but the balance of power will be restored when the novelty wears off!! 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

I only have the mtb so it gets ridden every day. Only really riding on roads apart from at weekends though (local off-road is shite) so it doesn't really count! For this reason I'm getting a road bike soon so that'll probably get the majority of usage.

angryratio
    Free Member

Ain't ridden since yesterday. Had a spill.. fingers crossed i'll feel up to a round the block check my legs work ride on friday.

Waderider
    Free Member

Who else here doesn't really ride mtb's anymore

Quite a lot of folk round here judging by the serious forum/internet addictions they have!

mtbmaff
    Free Member

I am really struggling at the moment, I seem to hurt everywhere, everything aches, I'm so tired all the while.

Haven't had a great summer of riding, so I think I've just become unfit and apathy has set in.

grumm
    Free Member

I didn't ride any bikes for most of the last year due to illness – just slowly getting back into it now.

simondbarnes

I barely ride mtb these days. In fact, there will be a Cotic Soda appearing for sale in the not to distant future to fund a winter trainer/commuter/audax/touring bike.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I ride my SS commuter hipster wagon a lot as I live in London, most weekends when I get back home I try to get at least one ride in on the MTB, but to be fair over the last 2 months the SS or the road bike have done way more miles.

neil853
    Free Member

I ride my road bike 3-4 days a week to work but every time I'm on the road bike I look forward to riding my mtb. Riding a bike to work is the best alternative in every way, but it will never compare to the fun of riding singletrack (in any weather!).

I can see the reason that people ride other bikes, but to me nothing compares to riding my mtb with my mates.

MoreCashThanDash

MTB doesn't get used that often – commuter gets used 3-4 times a week, road bike once a fortnight, MTB probably every 2-3 weeks.

But the MTB is the one I go for when I just get a quick hour to go and have a thrash round the local bridleways – packs more smiles per mile, especially when the tracks are dry like they have been most of this summer.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I've ridden a Mountain Bike once in the last three months or so. I'm finding the road bike a lot more enjoyable at the moment. As a result my fitness has improved massively. 😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

eh you say 'u never get round to doing it anymore' but the bmx comes out ? why not do half bmx and t'other half mtb…c,mon compromise carry on the mtb 😉

pastcaring
    Free Member

Mulletus Maximus – Member
    I'm finding the road bike a lot more enjoyable at the moment.
    😳 😳 😳

donks
    Free Member

I ride the MTB everyday but it's kind of turning into a big BMX more and more and certainly see's more street and skate park than trail. Just need to find some real talent now and i'm sorted.

sc-xc

Me. Probably 5/6 rides this year on the mtb, but most days on the fixed.

Just about to buy a proper road bike to get some real miles in.

Gooner
    Free Member

unfortunatel i have ridden very little this year.
    I damaged 2 discs in my back last December si i was really unfit when i went to chamonix in june
    as a result i managed a grade 3 calf strain (i guess from the lack of riding) and latest x ray suggests another 3 weeks before i am back on a bike

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Another back injury here, doing some road work now but haven't ridden offroad in 6 months – missing it big time, but physio isn't sure I'll be able to get back on the trails 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Quite a lot of folk round here judging by the serious forum/internet addictions they have!

I dictate to my secretary while riding. She then posts my ramblings on STW for me.

yunki
    Free Member

I've been riding every other day so far this year up until one month ago when I started a much more physically demanding job..
    I'm too knackered to ride after work so it's just one ride at weekends for me at present..

spw3

Been on my mountain bike about twice a month on average this year – which makes it something of a vintage year for me.

coastkid
    Free Member

i ride an ATB mostly 😮

jedi

I ride mtb and b mx and lov e it

Bushwacked
    Free Member

MTB for a range of riding topped by the occasional BMX ride to really show me how to case a lip or two 😉

jedi

mtb and bmx. match made in heaven

anagallis_arvensis

not ridden a bike for 3 years due to my knackered hips, get out and ride you lazy **** you'd miss it if it was gone.

LardLover
    Free Member

Not been on a mountain bike since Jan '09. The guys I used to ride regularly with seemed to lose interest. It got to the point where I was going out on my own and so thought **** it, I'm sick of this sh1t, and so sold my mountain bike and got into the road scene.

It renewed my interest in cycling (and spending silly money on bike parts again 🙄 )

lyons
    Free Member

I'm still riding every day preety much, I think I'll be back on the mtb soon tO be honest…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Who else here doesn't really ride mtb's anymore?’ is closed to new replies.