• This topic has 36 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • who else got a ride in early today?
  • rOcKeTdOg

out at 7 to beat the heat and back to do chores etc before an afternoon of Beer, F1,Football and British RR champs

still flippin hot at that time in the morning, might take a celebratory ride later too (fingers crossed)

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was out early this morning.

My wife was up from 6am or so as she had to leave early for a week in the Alps (it's hard work being a teacher!) so I decided to head out as the Pentlands are certain to be busy later. Only saw one walker and one group of 4 bikes.

It was warm but quite breezy so after the initial climbing was over I ended up putting a windproof on for the rest of the ride.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Wife always was a morning person.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Been for an early run prob, do a local mtb route much later on.

Houns

Going out this afternoon to enjoy quiet roads and trails, shall be taking my personal DAB radio so i can listen to TMS As we stuff the Aussies

rOcKeTdOg

my ride today

from the blog

blog: as it was so hot yesterday i decided i would get out early to beat the heat today, so started at 7, got to say it was glorious, trails empty of people but full of wildlife, startled a pheasant (a bit closer and Game would have been on the menu) and numerous rabbits. even early it was very hot, will be unbearable later (just not used to it) as there is not much breeze, i was thinking the trails could do with a bit of rain as on the rigid bike they are very bumpy and because it's relatively flat here you spend a lot of time in the saddle which is a little uncomfy on the lower back, i thought this then told myself to MTFU and enjoy it while it lasts!
    ride 62
    17 miles
    total 756

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yup 6.30 start and couple of hours around bredon and home for a chill before the footy beers.

warpcow
    Free Member

Not early by your standards, but I figured I'd fit in a quick ride before the weekely shopping and football this afternoon.

I must have ridden this trail a hundred times and never noticed this tree.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Coming back after 50+ km ride this morning, jersey unzipped, bee flies in got stung on the chest, bloody painful for the last 2km home!!

Keep your jerseys zipped up!

ton

i was out on the trails at 7. very nice too.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

I was out at 1am GMT, excellent ride….

🙂

rOcKeTdOg

got the swift built yet Ton?

OCB
    Free Member

Me too, but it was already way too hot by 0800.

ton

RD, not yet mate, waiting for wheels.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Out the front door at 7am, up and over Gypsy Glen (starting at Cardrona Forest carpark) then round GT Red. Some fantastic scenery and lots of lovely biking. Cracking start to the day, weather was supberb, onto to Tarquair this afternoon for some family time.

TheLaw
    Free Member

A local 2hr loop of some singletrack loveliness in the clyde valley. Back before lunch.

_tom_
    Free Member

Early-ish. We don't have any good trails/bridleways round here (east midlands is too flat) so I just had a quick road ride with a few more climbs than usual. Sweated more cleaning my car just now, it's far too hot!

Liking the Badger bottle top stem cap rocketdog 🙂

toons
    Free Member

Yep Me, Qcamel and Carbon337, 8am start at Thrunton

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i was out for an early ish morning run. did a bit too much riding yesterday and too tired to ride again today.

@troons, where is thrunton – those pix look amazing, especially the top one. wouldn't mind riding there!

nuke

Got out early-ish with my new Flux around the Surrey Hills…first time I've ridden it aside a quick ride yesterday evening. Not the best of cycles tbh, think I need to tinker with the setup a bit 😕

euain

'Puffer Lite.

Started at 8pm last night and finally finished at 8:30am this morning so yes! 😀

Great sunrise at 4am-ish 🙂

teagirl
    Free Member

Yep, managed to escape from the tribe and went on road for a few hours, lovely and relatively quiet up the dale. Will be in the garden avoiding the footie…

stanfree
    Free Member

Was out for an hour round my local woods to exercise my dog. To be honest It was to hot for him so cut my ride short and went home and washed my bike ready for Inners tommorow.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Yup a morning start for me too. Quiet dusty trails – a great ride. It was just getting too hot as I rolled back into the driveway. 🙂

toons
    Free Member

@dirtygirlonabike

Northumberland

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Tried to go half an hour earlier with a half 8 meet rather than nine but the bike rack defeated us and shifted, putting us back by half an hour. Still managed to get our usual quantity of riding in and back home by hal;f 11 just before it got really hot.

samuri
    Free Member

Not as early as I wanted because I'd been up all night with hayfever but still got a good few miles in on the road. Legs still a bit knackered from Friday's megaride.

Got some video from today if anyone is interested. (It's not really interesting but I was doing over 45mph near the bottom). Eyes peeled for crap Corsa driver near the bottom, no idea what he thought he was doing.

singletrackmind

Rode the Wiggle event around the South Downs. Started at 0735 , finished at 11.50.
    It got silly hot after about 10.00, fortunatly the ride was very well supported so water and foodage every 10 miles. Rode the 44 miler and it was tough, lots of climbing and tricky plunging into dark wooded section after open chalky fields. Still good morning followed by a swim in the sea.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Great sunrise at 4am-ish

And an amazing blood-red full moon at 1am. Quality event, and no midges to speak of apart from the clouds of them on the last part of the fireroad climb for one of my laps.

trinity1
    Free Member

i was out for a nice ride along a clifftop trail up north very nice

Dibbs
    Free Member

I rode home from work across the Quantocks on the crosser at 07:15, just about to go back in now.

DaddyFool
    Free Member

Norman nae mates at Blair Atholl 7am this morning for a round of Beinn a Ghlo. Dry, warm, deserted. 36 miles of Landy and single track. Usual headwind down Glen Tilt though… 🙄

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nah went out at 10.30 – got back at 1.30 – baked nicely on gas mark 6 😉

epicyclo

Watched the orange moon over the mists with the treetops poking through at Contin, then watched the orange sun rise over them.

The bonus was we had a 12 hour race thrown in – the 'Puffer Lite 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

nup… headed out about 12.30 and got back about 16.30.. hot hot hot

spacemonkey

Headed out for a 60 miler and got home at 3:10. If I'd known what was to come I'd have stayed out longer. Having said that, it was like cycling into an oven around lunch time. Dehydration was looking a possibility but managed to stick it out.

Taff
    Free Member

Singletrackmind – didn't realise you were doing the event. Would have been nice to put a face to the name

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘who else got a ride in early today?’ is closed to new replies.