Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • White pedals or not?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

So, as I can’t actually ride my bike at the moment I’ll just worry about aesthetics instead.

So, would white pedals be too much? I already have white forks, brakes, grip collars and bashing/tensioner..

Ta

rob-jackson
    Free Member

White pedals and get a black bash

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmm, I’ve only just got the White MRP too – would be an expensive swap to black :-S

sc-xc

I’d fo for a white saddle instead – balance it out a bit. That red is really nice though

jonnyv
    Free Member

White pedals,White bars,White grips,White cable outers, White and black saddle.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Neither white pedals nor white grips stay white for very long. They turn a miserable off-white colour, and grips in particular often never return from this state.

chakaping
    Free Member

White pedals will be fine, apart from the paint may chip off of some varities a bit easy (SSC for example).

And also get white grips next time you change.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

white saddle needed too

R.lepecha

I would say red pedals white saddle.

steve_b77
    Free Member

On my Candy Red Nic’ I’ve got white pedals, grips, forks, saddle & brakes – looks mint IMHO

Actually on my iO I have the same combo with a bronze/brown frame 😀

samuri
    Free Member

White EVERYTHING!

pompino 1 by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

I think the only thing that has really lost it’s whiteness after over a year of riding is the bar tape, and that’s easily replaced.

samuri
    Free Member

crankset by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Samuri: beautiful

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmm, I see what you all mean about needing a white saddle – I’m just convinced it’d turn brown pretty sharpish!

I think I might go for the white pedals although they do seem to chip easily..

That pompino looks lovely!!

vrapan
    Free Member

I have a problem with three coloured bikes, the controls/saddle/post/pedals have to be one colour or the colour of the frame. Otherwise it looks a bit weird. . In your case black pedals if you are planning on leaving everything else black otherwise white. White on that red would look really nice and different … i think 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘White pedals or not?’ is closed to new replies.