• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JCL.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whistler all mountain holiday
  • rhysw
    Free Member

Im thinking of going out to Whistler next year, but i want to do it on my 6″ bike. Im happy riding the bike park for a few days but im looking to go further afield and do some uplifted all mountain style stuff.
    Has anyone done anything like this, or know any companys that do these type of holidays?

Cheers

_tom_
    Free Member

Ticket 2 Ride and Bear Back do those kind of holidays i think. Try to do a day in Squamish as well, looks awesome and I really regret not doing it whilst I was there!

walleater

If you want to explore BC more then look up Johnny Smoke:

http://bushpilotbiking.com/

There’s something to be said for riding with someone who’s been riding the trails for the last 30+ years rather than someone on a 12 month working holiday permit (like I was….). Proper wilderness first aid trained too.

oldfart

I was fortunate enough to spend the season there in 2010 working for Ticket 2 Ride .I bought a Spicy and it did all i wanted .One must do is the Chilcotins,get yourself up to Tyax.T2R run trips up there .Flying in a floatplane and riding downhill for hours watching out for bears and cougars is amazing !If you want any more info e mail me
    rolandjulie2001@yahoo.co.uk
    happy to help.

BearBack
    Free Member

There’s something to be said for riding with someone who’s been riding the trails for the last 30+ years rather than someone on a 12 month working holiday permit (like I was….). Proper wilderness first aid trained too.

That’s a rather hefty generalisation there Will.

By all accounts Smoke is certainly a great option for that kind of trip.
    Whistler has plenty of trails to keep you busy but add in Squamish and the North Shore (Pemby too) and you’ve a huge amount of riding on tap to keep you busy in an easy local area around Whistler.

6″ bike would be a shuttle bike for Squamish or the Shore. Plenty of guests pedaling their 6″ bikes on a daily basis but there’s no vertical shuttling in Whistler. Squamish XC is superb, some shuttling available but not much for elevation or you are into the FR/DH stuff.

Chilcotins on 6″ would be a big of a slog. We’re adding a 5 day multi day chilcotins expedition for 2013, but 1-2hour hike a bikes over the passes is to be expected.

Whistler makes a great first visit to BC holiday destination due to the nature of the resort.

If you would like more info, just ask.

Regards

Jonny

rhysw
    Free Member

Cheers guys.
    I was looking at the package T2R are offering. It’s a day in the park, trip to Pemberton, Squamish and the Shore and I was looking at doing a heli drop as well. The trips to the 3 places were van uplifts. Is this more DH bike territory, or is it all doable on a 6″ bike?
    I’m a fairly decent rider so I was hoping this style of bike would do.

walleater

That’s a rather hefty generalisation there Will.

It’s just an observation from being a guide. I remember Smoke being gobsmacked at the crappy level of first aid qualifications we had at a certain other company that I worked at….

Anyway, for the record I know loads of people who’ve had an awesome holiday with Bearback so I’m sure when it comes to Whistler, you are the ‘go to’ operators these days.

As for bikes, pretty well everyone in Vancouver (expect for me…) has a 6×6 bike and they do most of what you need in a bike around here.

JCL
    Free Member

For that area, Bearback.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whistler all mountain holiday’ is closed to new replies.