Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • whiskas temptations
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just bought some for the cats to try, are they some kind of feline crack? the cats are now refusing to take no for an answer and want more!

mjb

Glad to see it's not just our cat then. We can't even move the box in the cupboard without him appearing from nowhere. Although they do now come in handy when we are trying to find him, a quick shake of the box and he'll be sat behind you!

rootes1

yep our cat Rosie loves them! You only have to crack the lid of the tub and she starts drewlling…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My understanding is that there are chemicals in whiskas that are addictive to cats and so after eating it they refuse other food – plenty of allegations but no answers that a quick google throws up and it could be an urban myth – but when I had a cat she certainly behaved as if there was something in whiskas

dan1980
    Free Member

Our cat refuses to eat the beef flavour. The other half refuses to see it "starve" so ends up offering it alternative flavours. The result is a cupboard full of beef flavour whiskers.

Does anyone have a cat that dislikes chicken or duck flavour and fancies a swap? :mrgreen:

mrmo
    Free Member

weird, out cats can't stand whiskas cat food, of any description! they are only interested in the treats.

I should be grateful the only food they seem to want to eat is Co-op own brand.

rootes1

Yep true, Rosie is less keen on their proper food, seems to like hills hairball fix, tinned fish, bbq pizza (tries to steel ours!) felix pouches etc

john_drummer
    Free Member

our cat likes these, but isn't interested in any other treats. He'll only eat cat food in jelly – cat food in gravy may as well go to the hedgehog sanctuary. Whiskas or Felix are both fine. Supermeat is off though

the previous pair both went crazy for chewy meaty stick things, but this fella won't touch them.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My cats eat what they are **** given. And, they get it in 'mouse' or 'sparrow' size portions. I can't abide gluttony.

cranberry
    Free Member

Whiskers Temptations – street name "mew mew".

You've got to be quick at opening the packets in our house if you want to keep all of your fingers.

IA

Haha, my parents had some for their cat – on that evidence i'd support the "feline crack" assessment.

Flaperon

Ours will only eat food in jelly. Fortunately the bloody thing is stuffing itself on the local rabbit population at the moment so the food bill is cheap.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

We've found that the higher up the feline gastronomy scale you venture, you'll never get them back. Start them off on own label grub, dare to take even one step up the ladder and that's it – curtains for the cheap stuff.

Ours won't touch regular whiskas but do seem rather partial to the treats they do.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

My recommendation is, no matter how cold it is, and how bored you are, NEVER MICROWAVE CAT FOOD!

JohnnyPanic

We've found that the higher up the feline gastronomy scale you venture, you'll never get them back

Many many years ago I ran over a cat (not my fault, honest). We got her patched up and it was a couple of days before we found the owner. So for 2 days we tried to feed her all varieties & types of cat food. Turned her nose up at everything. The owner told us that she only fed the cat on salmon & prawns…

rootes1

my other halfs parents used to only feed their persian (petra) with fresh fish from the fishmonger – when the cat died then rarely went back to the fish monger and when they saw him he asked why they had not been in for so long – they were too embarrassed to tell him that all the fish they had bought was for a cat!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

One of mine won't eat fish, even fishy dried cat food is only just tolerated.

The other eats anything that is available, leftover curry, sweet peppers, carrots, whatever's in the pan before it gets washed up!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘whiskas temptations’ is closed to new replies.