Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • While the wife/husband's away……..
  • bigrich

computer games, beer, 3am, on a weekday. and Nightride everynight.

if she goes away for more than a week, I start to lose skin tone and hair.

they keep you healthy and alive.

mactheknife

Mog – Member

wee in the sink, might as well make the most of it

Why would I want to wee in my own sink?

Because you can 🙂

yoda
    Free Member

following your logic Mr Knife, then why not have a Richard in the sink too?

mactheknife

There is always one that goes too far yoda 🙂 and today that is you 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Boys your girls are rubbish. My mrs always puts good music on over telly. Only moans about bikes in the kitchen when mine get in the way of hers. Encourages funky facial growth and never watches soap operas and understands the argument of no I dont want to do that now.

retro83
    Free Member

I’d probably just spend the 10 days roughing up the prime suspect to be honest

Mog
    Free Member

mactheknife – Member

Mog – Member

wee in the sink, might as well make the most of it

Why would I want to wee in my own sink?

Because you can

Got it.

yoda – Member

following your logic Mr Knife, then why not have a Richard in the sink too?

No.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Gotta be washing bike parts properly in the dishwasher and tyres in the washing machine, surely?

banks
    Free Member

Sofa is moved to a few inches of the tv, brushing my teeth in the shower & kids cereals in. I go wild

Sui
    Free Member

brushing my teeth in the shower

+1 – why dos this piss women off, best form of multi tasking

nicko74

while-the-wife/husbands-away

Just enjoying DOING NOTHING.

Doing nothing is a valid use of time, it’s called relaxing, unwinding and suchnsuch. Unfortunately, the OH is like some kind of nightmare parent/ boss combo: “oh, you’re not doing anything*, I should give you something to do”

*-that I acknowledge as being ‘something’. Xbox, films, TV, reading, generally unwinding all fit within this category of ‘nothing’.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Boys boys boys……………

I’ve been living la vida contractor away from home for a year now and can recomend to you amatures the following.

To survive without a hoover for 6 months is posible. Simply buy rolls of brown packing paper (the heavyweight stuff thye scrunch up to pad out boxes of bike parts) and lay over carpeted areas. If you cant find a local supply of this, simply buy more bike parts.

The woman next door will wash and dry your laundry if you casualy drop into the conversation that you havent got a washing machine.

For £20 once a week a cleaner will come arround. Unlike some strange people I don’t clean up beforehand, thus she has to work for her money. This is the only thing standing between me and hospitalisation for some godawful disease not seen in the western world since the dark ages.

Bike maintenance can be done in the livingroom, or the kitchen, or outside. The kitchen has the advantage of the sink, however the livingroom is more productive due to the bike-beer seperation. Outside is good, but can be a bit draughty, otherwise it has none of the advantages of inside.

sc-xc

Actual this thread needs a sister thread “Most anal/bone moments from the missus”

Let me know when this thread is started…I have pictures.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

i quite like sitting in the lounge with the main light on without her complaing that it’s too bright and she needs mood lighting.

willard

Last time my wife was away for more than a day or two (in hospital with a broken leg) my most outrageous act was to use only a single bowl and a spork for the whole week.

Finish meal, put spork and bowl on the draining board for later adding to the dishwasher. Next meal, wash by hand, re-use. Repeat.

I did go through several mugs, and I did watch a lot of really rubbish action films and yes, the dogs were allowed to sit on the sofa with me, but that was about as adventurous as it got. Hardly a week in Vegas…

Who knows, the next time she’s away for the weekend, I might go kayaking. JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT!!!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I haven’t stacked the dishwasher in any logical order.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

wombat

sc-xc – Member

Actual this thread needs a sister thread “Most anal/bone moments from the missus”

Let me know when this thread is started…I have pictures.

Why not start your own thread?…..am keen to see the pics 😛

Dancake
    Free Member

tyres in the washing machine

I am keen to try this. What cycle for tyres?

Markie
    Free Member

if she goes away for more than a week, I start to lose skin tone and hair.

they keep you healthy and alive.

Plus 1!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Wife and children out for the night, therefore I’ve just glued my CX tubs in the kitchen.

mjsmke

When my other half goes away for a day or two she expexcts her bike to be washed serviced and polished.

Edric64
    Free Member

brushing my teeth in the shower

+1 – why dos this piss women off, best form of multi tasking

Whilst having a piss ?

konabunny
    Free Member

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Well, I lolled.

bigrich

I’ve been living la vida contractor away from home for a year now and can recomend to you amatures the following….

missing the point, which is when they are away, you can rebel in the most minor way possible. what you describe sounds like a sad bachelor life. women make the world soft.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

When Mrs Coolhandluke goes away with the little one I always:

Cook an ace meal that she wouldn’t eat or get too much curry take away
    Bike fettle and bike ride
    Watch an action film with the volume way too loud
    Drink too much
    Go to bed too late

Last time she went away I even moved in my bookshelf speakers ( Mission 780se’s) next to the TV and put he neat little satalite speakers away. The bookshelf speakers are still in place too!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

My wife’s away – so I’ll actually have to run my own bath when I get home from a night ride – rather than having a full bath bath waiting for me, grrrrrrr 🙁

gribble
    Free Member

Load of ironing out, wife is in bed and I am listening to antisocial music, loafing on the internet and drinking fresh coffee. I truly am one crazy mo-fo. 😉

ratherbeintobago

why is it that women like to control so much and make life a general misery, A. because they don’t have a hobby themselves, grrr.

This one drives me to distraction. Because Mrs RBIT appears to have no interests beyond work/Miss RBIT (up to and including not going out with her friends) I have no bargaining position when there’s stuff I want to do.

Andy

coffeeking
    Free Member

Its the subtle things. When I lived alone for a while I almost never watched TV, even when eating in the evening. My other half isn’t a TV person, neither am I. Yet now we both watch lots of TV then complain we have done nothing all night.

Here are the things I enjoy when we are separated for Any reason. …

Shopping for nice meals, cooking them and enjoying them. As and when I want. Not having to guess what’s in the fridge, who will be home first and if it will use up something planned for another meal.

Coming home and spending the evening programming, in the garage, the loft our garden or just spontaneously staying in town and gathering friends for beers. None of which are forbidden now but somehow feel wrong when someone is around that you feel you need to entertain somehow.

In many respects I quite enjoy being alone but without these valuable balances I would be a depressed negative wreck fairly soon!

tomhoward

This thread has me wondering why I continue in my pursuit of trying to find a ladyfriend/overlord…

mactheknife

tomhoward – Member

This thread has me wondering why I continue in my pursuit of trying to find a ladyfriend/overlord…
    Posted 2 minutes ago # Report-Post

Because what is life without balance, you need the good lady in your life to appreciate the alone time you will get when she is not around.

My list was started and i soon realised after 2 pages that more things bug me when she is around that i had previously though. Not good 😮

Dancake
    Free Member

This one drives me to distraction. Because Mrs RBIT appears to have no interests beyond work/Miss RBIT (up to and including not going out with her friends) I have no bargaining position when there’s stuff I want to do.

Amen to that.

labsey
    Free Member

Shoes on the carpet. Man Vs Food marathon. That’s as rock and roll as I get.

RichPenny
    Free Member

My wife is remaining on holiday in Poland with our daughter for a month after I return. I’m just going to catch up on things that are hard to concentrate on, cook some meals that she can’t eat. For those with partners with no real hobbies, surely it’s about free time? Sitting in front of the TV every evening is effectively a hobby. If you’re expected to do that then for balance you should be doing one of your hobbies together as well. Or take the more sensible approach that as long as you’re both happy then the relationship will be good.

Mog
    Free Member

None of which are forbidden now but somehow feel wrong when someone is around that you feel you need to entertain somehow

This has summed up my thread in one hit. Spot on. I’ve just been out on the road bike, as I do every weekend, but I didn’t have that niggling feeling of ‘got to get back’ after I left. Completely relaxed the whole way round. Mrs Mog doesn’t mind me riding at all but I always have that ‘need to get home’ feeling – don’t know why.

Having said all this, just skyped my 2 girls (2&5) and they’re coming home tomorrow – WooHoo! Going to shops now to buy their favourite tea.

MoreCashThanDash

Agree with Mog just up there – even when she/they don’t need me to be back at a certain time, if they are around, I am always conscious that time spent doing my own thing is time I’m not spending with them, even if it does us all good to get away and do our own thing from time to time

timber

Food with nuts in as she is allergic.
    Walnuts make cakes awesome, pad thai is amazing, DRY ROASTED PEANUTS, snickers so much better than mars, not having to check curry ingredients.
    Otherwise, I’m on a very long leash.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

They can go away alone? 😯

igm

Food with nuts in as she is allergic.

Used to be quiche here as my wife is allergic to eggs.

Don’t seem to have done it as much recently. Don’t know why.

Sandwich

she needs mood lighting.

You can then ask her if she’s in “the mood” and when the answer is negative, suggest bright lights are not the problem.

I’m now too house-trained to rebel, though Mrs S has had some training in what are acceptable indoor maintenance activities!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘While the wife/husband's away……..’ is closed to new replies.