Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which van best fo rhiring to take on a bike trip?
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

Need to get this coast to coast tour sorted and struggling for transport.

4 of us going so 4 bikes plus a bob-yak plus kit.

None of our cars are suitable so looking to hire a van of some sort.

Question: what sort of van would be best?

Cheers

skidartist
    Free Member

Do all four of you need to travel in the van? You're going to be struggling to hire something with seating for more than 3, and don't even think about chucking someone loose in the back. You could get a people carrier and take some seats out, but they are much more spendy. It might be cheaper to hire two berlingo-size vans, than one people carrier. But if you do that you might as well use your own cars.

bigbloke
    Free Member

my mate runs this hire set up……..worth a look for you?

http://www.justcamp.co.uk/

rickmeister

Go-Where is what you need and google is your friend..

rhys
    Free Member

Transit double cab van just like mine. 🙂

skidartist
    Free Member

You'll be lucky to find a double cab to hire though, except as a tipper

thomthumb
    Free Member

we went through this for strathpuffer this year. as said above van to seat 4 is v. dificult to hire. it's all 3 seaters or minibuses. there are crew cab pickups but they don't have much load space/ not very secure. big car might be better? pathfiner or summit.

we ended borrowing a crew transit. with a tv! ace.

bruneep

When we went the the Alps we hired a 9 seat Renault trafic. 3 rows of 3 seats, removed the back 3 seats (easy as they clip out) and had loads of space for 6 DH bikes and gear.

vikingboy
    Free Member

are there any issues with hiring vans / people carriers and going to Europe with them from the major Uk hirers? Thinking Alps in July….any ideas of costs for something to transport 2 people and 3 bikes

bruneep

we hired from a local firm, no issues at all. Had to take out euro breakdown cover, extra ££'s.

I'll see if I can dig out the invoice tonight to get costings.

skidartist
    Free Member

You might find the hirer's standard literature states you can't take the vehicle abroad, but you usually if you talk to them about it its fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which van best fo rhiring to take on a bike trip?’ is closed to new replies.