Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which rigid forks
  • Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I’m replacing the forks on my HT with a rigid fork as all this bike seems to do at the mo is commute. I like how it rides with the 130mm revs now, so which forks (cheap as possible!!) should I get? I’m a little out of touch given that the last rigid bike I rode was circa ’96.

fisha
    Free Member

cheap as cheaps would be to go for ones like the Kona’s P2’s ? ( cant remember the name. )

Up from that, i think Bontrager do a rigid alu fork which i thought looked good for the money new.

Up from that, then its carbon jobbies. I have the Pace rc31’s and love em as the commuter setup. They come up often enough on the ads of most sites these days. Folks also seem fussy about them too. I tried to sell my Titanium from for about £80 a couple of weeks ago and had little interest. So i kept em , and have been building this as the commuter instead.

They do flex and bit after a while, but for the road stuff, thats fine … it does take the sting out of the ride a great deal.

Personally, i’d be looking for the carbon ones it’d be worth saving up the money to get a second hand set over the cost of a new Kona P2 …. personally that is.

CountZero

I would second carbon forks. I had a pair of Planet X rigids on my Handjob when I SS’d it, but when I got a proper On-One ss to hang all the bits on I got a pair of Brant’s carbons, and they make a LOT of difference; the steel forks were quite harsh, but the carbons are lovely off-road, especially with carbon bars.

Vortexracing

I’ve got a new set of on-ones for sale over on the classifieds.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mate had RC31s on his Ti HT. They were very absorbant of trail chatter. After that got pinched, he built another identical bike but with a Nukeproof carbon fork. This is much less absorbant, but his speed increased loads because it’s so much more accurate. I’ve tried both forks and felt the difference (ignoring the wrist pain) immediately.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which rigid forks’ is closed to new replies.