Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which rigger boots?
  • monsta
    Free Member

As per title, they look quite bright on the t’internet. I’m looking for some which are darker, with a waterproof lining and look more like site boots than wellies. Not sure about the fur-lined ones, s’pecially in the summer… Although I quite like the look of these Himalyan oily leather ones.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

They tend to dull down in use, my Dickies ones were very, very orange new and after a couple of months are a knackered tan colour!

Always thought the Doc Martens ones looked ok, but at £80 they are a bit on the expensive side for a site boot in my line of work!

Timmo
    Free Member

i bought my CAT ones back in 2002 for working in the garage during winters, wanted waterprrof, chemical proof and most of all Warm!!! have to say they are Excellent, still use them now, taken a bit of a beeting around and about, and done a lot of work at home since ’04 when have been off with an illness, still in good condition, a few scuff’s but thats what makes them look good haha!
    i know they arnt cheap now but they Doo last!

aP
    Free Member

None of the sites I go to allow rigger boots as they don’t have adequate ankle protection.

tops5
    Free Member

Jallatte Jalaska are the best rigger boots bar none! Like wearing slippers 🙂

uwe-r
    Free Member

What size are you?

I was told do buy some for work about two years ago. They have been worn about 3 times tops. They are a size 8 but much more like a 9. I paid about £60 from Jewsons for them.

Make me an offer if they will fit?

Olly
    Free Member

love my trojans 🙂

wallop

Mine have lasted me 12 years so far

seanoc
    Free Member

Jallete’s are pretty good and quite popular in my old line of work; seen a fair few snapped ‘pull on’ loops though. I’ve got them DM’s up there and they’re great. Don’t sag around the heel like the previous model did. If you’re working on ships or dockside they are a must..if you’re not then I can’t see the point in the compromise unless you’re constantly slipping in and out dirty/clean sites.

Kuco

None of the sites I go to allow rigger boots as they don’t have adequate ankle protection.

They won’t let us have them now for that very reason but they are perfectly happy for us to wear wellies and waders all day that have no ankle protection 😕 Thing is some like those DM’s or the Jallatte ones i’ve got do.

skiprat
    Free Member

Same as aP, most sites we go on don’t allow them and we’ve now stopped issuing them to our staff. Lace ups for all our lads now.

If you do get some, dont go cheap as the backs will sag, crack and split.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which rigger boots?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM