Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which Pace fork for my Spez Epic?
  • Julian13
    Free Member

Guys, I need your help. I am having to sell a lot of my components and need to sell a pair of forks.
    I am currently using my 2007 Epic Marathon with a Pace RC40 XCAM fork set at 100mm travel. I also have a pair of 100mm RC36 stealth with remote pop-lok. I prefer the lock out on the 40 and the fact that they don’t clutter up the bars but know that there is a weight penalty to the 40s.

Is either fork considerably better suited to the frame or is it just a case of selling which ever is likely to make the better price?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

njee20
    Free Member

Considering it’s a race bike RC40s are rather an odd choice, I’d say RC36s no doubt.

cynic-al
    Free Member

have confidence in what you prefer riding

sq225917
    Free Member

The 100mm 36 is the obvious choice to keep based on matching travel and race suitability.

But frankly, they are crap compared to the 40’s.

Julian13
    Free Member

njee20, agreed the 40s are a strange choice for a race bike but they were what I had left after my race bike was stolen and I broke down as sold off my RC303 to fund a replacement. They seem fine right now but I sold the frame that the 36s were on so that’s how arrived where I am now.

sq225917, could you elaborate please? What makes the 36s crap compared to the 40s? I haven’t ridden them on very harsh terrain, are they less reliable or less able?

Thanks guys, keep the comments coming but with a little more detail please.

sq225917
    Free Member

The 40’s are smoother, have a greater range of damping adjustment and are more easily servicable.

Julian13
    Free Member

Thanks SQ, I think I will do a couple of back to back rides over the weekend and change out the forks to see how I go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which Pace fork for my Spez Epic?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM