• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • which notebook – ideas
  • armchairbiker

I'm looking for a notebook and trying to decide which one. I've been recommended a Samsung one:

I'm a bit worried 1gig RAM is a bit slow. But seen a few people have upgraded to 2gig. Otherwise I like the Sony or Dell ones – but again it's the 1gig RAM that puts me off.

Anyone got recommendations or views that the 1 gig is sufficient. Thanks

tails
    Free Member

tails
    Free Member

yeah i know ha ha ha. actually i'm using a samsung nc10 right now, its not as intuitive as my macbook but its not bad, a little noisy keeps ticking and clicking but i'm quite happy with it. one thing to look for i bought mine from comet as it was £250 heres the catch it only came with a 3 cell battery which last 2 to 3 hours at a push. you either wanna buy the 6 cell version or buy a 9 cell replacement

armchairbiker

thanks tails – I was worried about battery life. Samsung seem to have some good models.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've got a Samsung NC10. It came with 1Gb of RAM installed and seemed fine like that, however I upgraded it to 2Gb pretty much straight away as I had the spare RAM lying around.

Mine came with the larger battery and I get the best part of 7 hours out of that.

Del

using a samsung n110. bought it a month or so ago. i also bough a 2Gb stick to go in it ( have read the instructions that samsung give you, it's just a flap on the bottom to open up. piece of p ), but haven't got around to it yet. it's hardly gasping, running xp. the n110 is pretty much silent as far as i can tell, and comes with 6 cell battery as standard ( rated to run for 7-9 hours ), but is a shade over 300 quid. basic spec is very similar to nc10, so if you're not too bothered about the touchpad size and battery life, you can probably save a good few quid sticking with the older model.
    i bought at currys, and saved myself 20 or 30 quid by doing 'reserve and collect' through their website.
    lovely bit of kit. really like it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘which notebook – ideas’ is closed to new replies.