Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Which jeans for a newly 38 year old?
  • jonnyrobertson

Got some Moon ‘Gecko’ jeans from Snow and Rock. Like you I have trouble getting jeans to fit – waist, 30″, thighs, comical – but these fit great and have a flat seamed crotch and a bit of stretch in em too as they are climbing jeans. Nice and dark too. 50 quid or thereabouts. TK Maxx is another place as it’s cheap and you can usually find ‘odd’ sizes, fits in there, if you can be bothered trawling through ’em.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

another vote for uniqlo selvedge; i love mine. probably the best jeans i have ever owned, fitting-wise.
    i also have a 3 year old pair of howies jeans that are good, no idea about new ones and i don’t really think i’ll find out.

CountZero

Speaking as a just-turned 57yo, I have no self respect and so I spurn Jock Wan’s well-intentioned advise and wear jeans. However, I avoid spurious logo’s, stitching, pockets, buttons, flaps, embroidery, rips, etc, and stick with regular or loose fit, dark blue indigo denim. I’ve got several old pairs of Oakley jeans, one well-worn pair with a flannel lining which are perfect for winter, several pairs of Howies including a pair of their indigo dyed Tom Proof riding jeans, and a couple of pairs of my new favourite Uniqlo selvedge Japan Denim jeans, which are a brilliant fit and really comfortable. And cheap. Did I say cheap? You do have to watch the size, tho’, as others have said. I take a 32×34, but I tried some regular Uniqlo in their London main shop, and couldn’t even do the damn things up, so I took a chance and ordered a pair of 34×34 selvedge when they next arrived in the online shop on offer, and they were perfect, in length and waist. And no logos to be seen anywhere, just a small number on a leather waistband patch.
    The old Oakley’s only had logo rivets, and the Howies only have the little stitching detail on one pocket, which I rather like. I’ve also got three Uniqlo flannel shirts, in different weights, which are bloody marvellous for the money, really soft and comfy. My new favourite jacket’s an Alpha Industries CWU45/P NATO issue pilots jacket, again, not a logo to be seen anywhere, just a Velcro patch on the chest for a name patch. Not even a logo label inside. Really anonymous. It is fireproof though, which might come in handy one day.

chakaping
    Free Member

Howies are knocking some jeans out for £30 at the moment btw, got a sale email earlier

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you must wear jeans is there anything else but 501s?

Coyote
    Free Member

Mek or G-Star.

If on a budget, you can find some decent jeans in River Island.

rp16v
    Free Member

primark is your bezzie mate when it comes to range/styles/sizes/shapes ect bout do find somthing im a 32 waist with big thighs and like it baggy so a 32/34 leg BUT must fit over skate shoes so a boot cut is a lovley fit.
    granted im 28 but im more comfort over look/style.

Bagstard
    Free Member

TJ, 501’s look like jeggings on me, even going a size up!

Drac

Primark!

/closes thread out of disgust.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Alpkit. The baggy ones, not the emo sheaths.

The fox jeans are surprisinglly hard wearing, but the colour washes out of the dark ones.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Bump – just to say thanks to whoever recommended Edwin Jeans, bought the first pair that I tried on! Nice fit and no stupid low rise waist.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Which jeans for a newly 38 year old?’ is closed to new replies.