Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Headset for 2007 Specialized S Works F/Suss?
  • footstomper
    Free Member

As title, I have been on the Specialized site but it only says 1 1/8″ threadless, integrated alloy cups, sealed cartridge bearing. Would the cane creek S8 or S3 fit?

Cheers 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Any 1 and 1/8th standard headset will fit.

mine had an orbit extreme Pro in it when I sold it.

You want one that looks like this but there are loads to choose from.

If you have the money, get a hope headset or a Chris King.

james
    Free Member

’07 S-works SJer FSR?
    Aluminium or carbon front triangle frame?
    I know there was an aluminium S-works FSR frameset (as well as carbon) available for 2006, but not 100% there was only the carbon S-works frameset for 2007. I thought there was only carbon for ’07 when I bought one

Also, maybe not an issue, but from a full specialized build or the frameset? (what colour scheme?) I know at least the carbon grade (9m vs. 10m) differs so not impossible for the headset to change?

If the carbon S-works (frameset) from 2007, then a standard h/set as pictured above will NOT fit, but I suspect that will already be obvious
    When I got a replacement I went to my local specialized dealer and asked them to find out what fits/to order one. Cost about £25 in I think 2009
    I could try to find the old cups if Ive still got them, but thinking about it, is there no cane creek number on the top cap washer thing that sits just above the headtube?

If you put pics up I can say what it doesnt look like?

Speshpaul

That would be a Blue or a brown anno ally frame IIRC.
    so a standard 1 1/8th press fit headset will do the trick, On One had FSA XL2’s for £20. You won’t do any better than that.

orangeboy
    Free Member

You can use the specialized web site to sort out what year frame you have. Look under the bikes link then archive.
    Many people don’t get the year right and it makes a huge differnace.

james
    Free Member

You say s-works and spesh site says integrated so Ill assume you have the carbon 07 Sworks SJer FSR frame (Alloy uses normal h/set cups)
    Ive got the number off mine which is a cane creek VP-A10ACS and looks like this:

Both cups go completely inside the headtube, ie it doesnt sit on the top edge of the headtube at all like a semi-integrated h/set would, but instead on a sort of shelf/lip inside the headtube
    Google seems to be throwing up they were used on epic frames at one point too

EDIT: reread you post (properly), which 07 Sworks Full suss frame?
    Stumpjumper FSR, Epic, Enduro?

footstomper
    Free Member

Thanks all 🙂

Its a Stumpjumper 2007 the Carbon / Gold coloured one

James thats the one I came up with but can’t seem to find anyone who sells it McConvey Cycles have non in stock so was hoping to find something else that would fit!

bommer
    Free Member

If it’s carbon you’ll need the one James posted. Spesh call it a mindset (specify 1 1/8 as they call the larger roubaix one mindset too)
    They’re £30 including topcap and sfn and spacers and all that stuff. Any Spesh dealer will be able to order them from Spesh, although it’s worth checking they have the tool to fit.

james
    Free Member

The tool to fit?
    hammer+screwdriver+carefully..

The one I got (from JeJames) a few years ago didnt come with SFN/top cap, but everything else. I would have liked a specialized top cap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Headset for 2007 Specialized S Works F/Suss?’ is closed to new replies.