Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Which GPS for me?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

I quite like my Garmin Dakota 20. Runs off AA batteries so easy to find replacements on long/multi-day trips. It’s tough as old boots, having flown off my bike a couple of times at speed (now using a decent mount!), and the gadget show dropped it from a helicopter at 100 feet & it survived unscathed. Best of all, buy the base unit for around £200 and download OS & other maps for free using Mobile Atlas Creator.

scruff
    Free Member

Where you going riding Mike- Tibet ?

snakebite
    Free Member

he hasn’t got Tibet on his base map…

symes
    Free Member

Second the Garmin Dakota, once used to how to use its great. The instructions are somewhat vague.

johnmandy
    Free Member

bikergbr,

The beauty of the adventurer 3500 is the now replacable battery, in testing i have had as much as 10 hours play with backlight permenantly on, but with the sleepmode active (not tried as yet), i think it will probably gain an extra 5 hours.
    A word of caution, there seems to be a software bug relating to the sleepmode, and it somtimes doesn,t wake up meaning a restart, but several members of memorymaps forum have posted possible workarounds while memorymap work on a software fix, but i,m still thrilled to bits with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Which GPS for me?’ is closed to new replies.