Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Which Go Pro?
  • Bustaspoke
    Free Member

As title,I usually take stills photo’s but now I’m looking at getting a Go Pro.
    I was thinking of the Hero 4 Black but there seem to be reliability issues,so I’m thinking of going with the Hero 3.What’s the STW users experiences with Go Pro?

Denis99
    Free Member

Hero 4 black here, I haven’t had any issues with it.

Has worked faultlessly for me.

jk1980
    Free Member

Have the hero 3 black, has worked well for me. Hero 3 silver or black might be worth a go, should be cheaper now the 4 is out

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Hero4 Black, no issues for me

P-Jay
    Free Member

Basic Hero here – it does all I need for now, it’s also been faultless – I’m using it more and more and have (in my head at least) planned out a little film I want to make (it’ll be terrible) so have been tempted by the posher ones.

windyg
    Free Member

Hero 4 Silver here, went for the silver over the black as I wanted the rear screen, been totally faultless so glad I bought it. I have a SJ4000 and the step up from that to GoPro is amazing they don’t even come close side by side.

Superficial
    Free Member

I don’t really have much experience of using the newer ones, but mine spends a lot of its life in the cupboard, it only gets used rarely. I would have regretted wasting the extra money on the black one.

(Mine’s a Hero 3 Silver)

teenrat

I’ve used Go Pros in the past but now have a camera by Drift. Half the price but image quality is just as good. Cameras also look alot better, and feel better made in my view as well.

http://store.driftinnovation.com/uk/cameras?gclid=CjwKEAjw3PGtBRCWgajpu_uY9hYSJAAICRalAr82sZT6DlQV8jc5r_cZmpWgmjDBkqdxVDyVNvQ8OhoCpELw_wcB

cruzcampo
    Free Member

For £100 budget, second hand possibly which would be the best one to pick up?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably the newest you can for 100, got the Silver 4 here with the inbuilt screen. Much better to set up with the screen. I end up going to a lot of new places and use it a lot when I’m riding.

m360
    Free Member

For £100 budget, second hand possibly which would be the best one to pick up?

Or this: Rollei action cam

Or a bargain when you look at the mounts you get with it as standard: Rollei Action Cam 220 an mounts £70!

unsponsored
    Free Member

Have a Black 3+ for sale in the sale forum.

project
    Free Member

got an ION pro about 70 quids from staples the office equipment supplier, works well is waterproof to 10 metres, and also a rollie sold as different brabds about 38 quids, again from staples, waterproof and with a plastic case like a go pro, for some reason people like to spend 300 quid on a gopro when cheaper alternatives are available.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

for some reason people like to spend 300 quid on a gopro when cheaper alternatives are available.

many people like to buy expensive bikes too when there are BSO’s in tesco’s. Not sure what you dig was really about…
    Very happy with my Go Pro 😉 Very versatile for the price.

This one doesn’t get that close to the go pro specs
    http://www.staples.co.uk/digital-cameras/cbs/427971.html?promoCode=300300666&Effort_Code=WW&Find_Number=427971
    The screen is a great feature.

project
    Free Member

but half the price.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes, it’s a good observation about the price. It’s not the same thing though.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

One thing is apparent,no specific camera gets peoples vote.
    I’ll get back to reading the online reviews…

timidwheeler

I have a 4 black. Mr TW has a SJ4000. Mine is much better. The footage is sharper, better exposed and has greater dynamic range. It also has more features. The SJ4000 was however cheaper. What are your priorities?

timidwheeler

To add to the above you can shoot in 4k with the black. Which gives a lot of pan and zoom options when you come to editing if you only want 1080.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

TW I’d be prepared to pay more for the quality as long as it’s reliable.
    I’m just concerned about reliability issues.I know there will be issues with any mass produced product & searching around there certainly are with the various Go-Pro cameras that’s why I thought I’d ask on here about real world experiences.

wilburt
    Free Member

I was looking myself recently, the Sony AS20 seemed quite good.

timidwheeler

I’ve not had any problems with my Black 4. I bought it from Amazon. Any issues I will send it back.

P-Jay
    Free Member

What sort of storage do you need to shoot 4k? I’ve read it will burn through 5GB a min?

windyg
    Free Member

4k on a GoPro at 30fps is just over 2gb a min

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

It depends on what your shooting and who or what it’s for. If you just like video of your ‘awesomeness’ and it’s going onto Facebook on YouTube as is, get something cheaper. If you need or want much more resolution, pay for it. Don’t spend more than YOU need to, it’s not worth it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Which Go Pro?’ is closed to new replies.