Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Which forums to ask advice on improving a house, extensions, etc?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you have to lose one of the downstairs rooms as space for the new stairs that you’ll need?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Come on Dan!!!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

🙂 Wee call today, looks like we’re moving to Strathaven! Great, no bartering on the price, well WELL under home report value, leaves us cash for these changes to take shape.

Loft conversion, new huge luxury bathroom, stove and new range cooker all being planned 🙂 I’ll be spending the rest of my free time this year doing work on it I guess, and also planning to get the gardens up to A1 standards for a bit of pizazz when entering the place.

Still have a bit of my stomach scared of moving further from work (mainly my wife’s work), but it’ll become the norm in time.

Thanks for all the ideas again on such a self absorbed topic.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bravo sir!.

Although you’re now within striking distance of the perchy panther….

Edit – and some decent wee trails above Darvel with room for more!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Although you’re now within striking distance of the perchy panther….

….and within walking distance of the perchy panthers’ wee brother who lives in Strathaven.

Excellent news Dan. Welcome to the Shire!

I hear tell that there are some decent trails a stones throw from the Garrion Bridge in Mauldslie Woods.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Given it a bit of thought and a quick google and I now know exactly which house it is.

Wow!

That is an object lesson in why it’s dumb to live in a city when that’s what your money can buy you in a much more pleasant environment.

The commute will be worth every minute and , trust me on this, you’ll have a little smug moment to yourself every single time you come home and walk through the door.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Yep Mauldslie has some stuff, and mates have always gone on about Darvel. I am a happy pick-swinger and build trails in the winter so watch this space 🙂 It’ll be sad not to have Aberfoyle as a sort of 30 minute away local, but I’ll visit as a rider and build more locally.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    Given it a bit of thought and a quick google and I now know exactly which house it is.

Wow!

That is an object lesson in why it’s dumb to live in a city when that’s what your money can buy you in a much more pleasant environment.

The commute will be worth every minute and , trust me on this, you’ll have a little smug moment to yourself every single time you come home and walk through the door.

POSTED 9 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Superb! I mean, both primary and secondary schools, town centre, parks, duck ponds, classy restaurants and cafes are all within a 5 minute walk. It’s bonkers.

Don’t suppose you know any good builders/joiners perchy? Do you fish by any chance? 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t suppose you know any good builders/joiners perchy? Do you fish by any chance?

You’ve got the wrong brother! My younger brother, a keen fisherman, who lives in Strathaven, is an excellent joiner (although he works in a quarry – long story) I’ll ask him if he knows anyone local.

I’m only a quantity surveyor, what do I know about joinery? 😉

I’ll have a think and make a list. Any other trades?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I think that’d be it to start! Oh, and as an establshed garden maintenance business owner I’ll be pimping out my services too, muscle in on the local boys 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d give these guys a go if you want quality interior finishes.
    Not the cheapest mind. It’s where my brother served his apprenticeship and my dad before him.

They did a lot of the internals when I was doing my conversion and needed someone to reinstate a victorian stair.

http://www.nimmojoinery.co.uk/

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The plot thickens. Sellers have to deal with a financial issue before we know if and when we get it, gah.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Which forums to ask advice on improving a house, extensions, etc?’ is closed to new replies.