Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which coffee machine ( pods ) ( again ) ( sorry )
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

Right seem to remember this being done?

Was there a clear winner? Any further info ?

Cheers v much

AdamW
    Free Member

For pods if you want the best coffee its Nespresso, but you have to order the pods online (vary between 29p/pod – 33p/pod). This does coffee *only*.

Otherwise DolceGusto/Tassimo and the others do tea/chocolate too.

stumpyjon

Dolce Gusto user here, pods seem readily available in a wide range of tyoes of coffee (Asda stock , lots). Faster than boiling a kettle.

duntstick
    Free Member

I have a decent Delonghi Nespresso machine which gets a lot of use, but recently it’s been usurped by a Bodum and Lavazza

Quick, easy, not noisy. Big cups, nice coffee.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

think you should buy a machine based on the availability of the coffee brands you like. I like Illy coffee and recently bought a Tassimo, which is good, but I haven’t yet found an espresso pod that produces a shot like I could produce with Illy from my old manual espresso machine with Illy coffee. I was travelling with work recently and they had an Illy pod machine with the Illy pods in my hotel room. Delicious. So I’m now looking to ditch the Tassimo and get an Illy Francis pod machine.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

What is becoming the standard STW answer for coffee anyway

Has bean coffee beans
    Burr grinder
    Aeropress

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got a hardly used dolce gusto machine that I no longer need…. £30 delivered. (Makes decent coffee quickly too).

rumbler
    Free Member

I got one of these for £195 delivered 18 months ago when I got sick of paying in or around £50 bimonthly for Nespresso pods, keep an eye out for warehouse deals.

If you like coffee it’s really the only way to go.

itsmygame
    Free Member

Cheers guys good info there. Think I’ll go to local supermarket later see what pods range they got and work back from there ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which coffee machine ( pods ) ( again ) ( sorry )’ is closed to new replies.