Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which bike to take to southern spain?
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

So, i'm going to southern spain (mijas) in a few weeks. I've been mountain biking in southern spain 3 times now (twice joyriders and once ridesierreanevada)

So the question is do i take this:

Or this:

I've had the road bike for a few weeks now and absolutely loving it (been getting into road riding for the past 6 months). I'm really torn on which bike to take. If i take the mountain bike I either hook up with one of the holiday companies (sierra cycling) or find routes in the southern spain bike book, Or get a road map and go off exploring on my own with the road bike.

Anyone done much road riding in southern spain? any pics to tantlise me?

kempfab
    Free Member

Take the road bike and explore for a few days, but Mijas area not that inspiring, depending how far you ride.

Then contact Sierra Cycling for a few days MTBing, although they close for August, I believe. If you speak nicely to Alan, you can cherry pick their best days.

Enjoy! Damn this collar bone…

thomthumb
    Free Member

both.

trickydisco
    Free Member

m not going to fit 2 bikes in 1 bag. Plus i've only paid for 1 and i think easyjet will get pissy if they open it up and find 2

RealMan
    Free Member

road bike into your hand luggage..

I'd take the mountain bike personally.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Tricky disco,
    Why not take the road bike, then when you hookup with us you can rent one of our bikes (Kona Kula or King Kikapus).

trickydisco
    Free Member

cool.. how much for a day/2 days?

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Tricky disco,
    We do day trips for 70 Euros per day including bike hire.Our web site ishttp://www.sierracycling.com. Regards Al

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which bike to take to southern spain?’ is closed to new replies.