Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • which bike to choose (genesis equilibrium 00 or 20)
  • racefaceec90

right further to my last thread about saving for my first road bike.i have narrowed them down to the 2 in the title. the 00 is £900 spec here http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/road/equilibrium/equilibrium-00/specs and the 20 is £1300 spec here http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/road/equilibrium/equilibrium-20/specs basically would i be better off saving for the more expensive model.or should i go for the 00. i suppose i’m really wondering what others might do.i imagine that the upgraded components,wheels,carbon fork e.t.c would cost more to buy separately. i would be thinking of upgrading stuff on the bike,when funds allowed also. what would you do? 🙂

jameso

Go for the 10? It has carbon forks for deep-drop brakes which is the trickiest upgrade to find. The rest is just shimano 10-spd upgrades, easier to do as stuff wears out than the 9-to-10 upgrades from the 00.

mieszko
    Free Member

The 10 has the new 10sp Tiagra, it gets good reviews. But the bike still has some cheapo wheels with bottom line Shimano 2200 hubs. I would consider paying extra the 150 for the 00 as it has nicer wheels and current 105.

If you buy the 20 then it will come with Sora shifters. Nothing wrong with them, and they are 9 speed but I find Tiagra and up works better. Assuming you’ll catch the road bike bug, you’ll want to upgrade the bike, and new shifters cost a lot. Never tried 105 but had Sora, Tiagra, Ultegra and Dura Ace in that order, the biggest gap quality and performance wise imho was Sora to Tiagra, rest of it was not that much of a difference.

[edit]
    just checked prices and the frame with fork is under £400, Merlin has road bits and a older 10sp 5600 105 groupset is £320, newer 105 is £440, RS20 wheels are £124 or RS30 for £140. That leaves $140 for some finishing kit and you could get a brand new bike for around a £1000 with very similar bits/some better to the Equilibrium 20 for less 🙂 Result, especially if you like to build your bike from bits.
    [edit]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘which bike to choose (genesis equilibrium 00 or 20)’ is closed to new replies.