Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Which are the best trails up Golfies Innerleithen???
  • wordy1979
    Free Member

We are heading up Inners tomorrow and we were hoping to find some good trails over on the golfies. just wondering which would be the best to do?? Thanks.

Northwind

There’s really nothing much bad up there tbh. 3G would be a good place to start though, it’s a great, varied trail and also easy to find, and links nicely into avalanche or splash or dash. And once you’ve done those you’ll have a good idea of the shape of that hillside if you want to do say repeat offender, or go further up and do some wolves.

Unless it’s a once-a-year visit or something, just explore, you can’t go too far wrong. (there’s one low level trail that’s a bit of a swamp, that I’d like to tell you how to avoid but I can’t remember which one it is…)

wordy1979
    Free Member

Cheers mate. Will have a good look round!

BoardinBob

The new trail is ridiculously good!

andymc06
    Free Member

Going up for the first time in June for 4 days. Staying in Innerleithen. Cannot wait! 🙂

BoardinBob

Going up for the first time in June for 4 days. Staying in Innerleithen. Cannot wait!

Pop into Alpine Bikes for some tips on the trails (assuming you don’t have someone in the know with you)

andymc06
    Free Member

Cheers Bob. Any tips or indeed guides are most welcome!

BoardinBob

Feel free to drop me an email

andymc06
    Free Member

Will do 🙂

kayak23

Avalanche!
    Stupidly fun.

jimob
    Free Member

I’ve only been to the golfie twice. There are no bad trails. That place is awesome ?

nibby
    Free Member

Doing the same end of March and have only stuck to the marked routes around GT and Inners before. Chomping at the bit to try some other stuff but useless at following maps.

Is the Golfie and the trails easy to find?

Don’t suppose anyone has any gps files for me to follow?

Staying at the pods at GT.

julzm
    Free Member

Anyone know what the new trail is called? Soooo much fun that one!

26aintdead

New trail flat white just above community service. Rode it today very claggy but lots of fun though. The trails have been frozen in the morning and loosen up in the afternoon with the cold snap. Second day of great riding at Golfie, quite a few offs today from our group

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s just hauling up fireroads then riding steep dh trails all day long… fun, but you’re not getting anywhere! New trail is going to get mauled so ride it while it’s good and smooth. Not sure if they’ve finished it down to the road yet?

My favourites are Jawbone lower, Boner, No Social and wolf of wall st. The steeper and wilder feeling the better 🙂

chickenman

OP: The best trails are down the Golfie, not up tbh 🙂

chickenman

thegman67

If any you guys are up at the Golfie during the week let me know and I will show you around.

Northwind

Was up there today, short sleeves weather with frozen ruts to add a bit of random terror. What do you reckon, is it OK to ride flat white now? I had a look a while back and they’d made some obvious blockages near the top to make it obviously shut, that’s all gone and it rides bloody incredible as far as it goes… Albeit a bit sticky so your arse gets blasted with buckshot 😆 Anyone know whose it is? It’s pretty ungolfy, Berm Baby Berm- For Men.

I like Nae Spleens more now that it has an obvious line through those S bends, blimmin brilliant trail that. Oh and because of kayak23, I rode avalanche for the first time in ages. Still horrible 😆

julzm
    Free Member

Flat white. Good name. I rode it a few weeks ago when it was still only halfway down the hill – lots of fun. We were at inners today for the uplift – best day riding I’ve had for months. Weather totally made it.

Golfie tomorrow maybe.

alanm
    Free Member

thegman67 any chance of being shown some of the trails on Thursday, I have done Waterworld and community Service, not sure of the rest

alan

legend
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to be shown “flat white” last year when it was very new. omgz it makes even me look competent – so much fun!

Which one’s “avalanche”? I know there’s other new ones over towards rocky as well, haven’t done them yet although they seem like a good way of finishing off if not going to ftp

Northwind

Avalanche goes down the scree slope, just before Splash Or Dash- lots of very loose shingly scree. I hates it, it’s like riding on ice 😆 It might be fun if you’re not incredibly bad at it like I am.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think Strava might give a clue as to who built it but I’m not saying more in case somebody from the Valley lobs a Facebook grenade at me.

legend
    Free Member

ah ok thanks. Don’t think I’d realised that I didn’t know the name of that.

Flat white was the creation of a local ripper wasn’t it? They all kinda merge into one though so I couldn’t state categorically which one it was.

Northwind

stevenmenmuir – Member

I think Strava might give a clue as to who built it

It’s a very subtle clue 😆

legend
    Free Member

haha subtle indeed!

thegman67

alanm drop me an email its in my profile

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Which are the best trails up Golfies Innerleithen???’ is closed to new replies.