Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Which are better harry potter films or lotr
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

In keeping with the OP, a bigger LOTR geek you will not find. But overall I was left with a sense of disappointment from the films.

Some incredible cinematography, unforgettable moments (charge of the Rohirrim on the Pelennor Fields, Bridge of Khazad-Dum, Black Riders in the Shire), but badly let down by a terrible script (the animated version was better!) and dire music (that **** “happy hobbit” theme leaves me with the dry bolk). Some really bad acting/direction of the inter-personal scenes makes LOTR really cringeworthy too (did anyone else just want Frodo and Sam to get a room and get on with it?). Viggo Mortensen was way too wimpy as Aragorn.

The Harry Potter films are just good fun, well done. The first couple are pretty much just for kids and Half-Blood Prince dragged a lot (really strange for a movie adaptation to break from the book by removing action sequences!) but most of them have been pretty enjoyable.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah no probs, but only if you admit harry is your daddy, and that you want some wand action

I never wanted to admit it in public but it’s true, I want to grab his wand and shake it, Serpensortia Lumos Avis!

edhornby

I thought that LOTR was ridiculously slow-paced, having seen some of Peter Jacksons films I now realise that it’s him trying to be ‘cinematic’ but it’s just dull. The plot was patchy also (and before anyone says have I read the book, it shouldn’t matter whether I have or not, the plot of a film should be clear not rely on a book that someone may or may not have read)

the harry potter films are worth watching for the teachers/adult characters but hermione/harry/ron actors are wooden (not just a product of their age, they are still wooden, hermione especially so)

regardless of whether the books are any good, the films should stand as great films on their own merit. neither are great although I think that Harry potter films are the least worst option

chewkw
    Free Member

LOTR every time as I like slow-paced movie rather than those headache MTV style multiple shot switches every 2 seconds. FFS! I know that camera is affordable nowadays but switching from one scene to another every 2 seconds … bloody MTV. Keep bloody still! Oh if you need to know what I mean look at those music programme and start counting the frequency of camera switching shots …

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Which are better harry potter films or lotr’ is closed to new replies.