Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where tops Les Arcs?
  • bland

Having serious Alps Blues at the moment and day dreaming about next years trip already.

After years of DH based trips this years trip to Les Arcs eclipsed them all with some unbelievable riding.

Where else comes close, especially for endless technical singletrack and fast swoopy forest walkers tracks?

Also fancy doing a trip to a refuge but a lot of the further distant areas around les arcs are in the national park so not ideal, any recommendations for this?

scruff
    Free Member

Verbier. Chamonix.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Check out Rivierabike.co.uk at Molini di Triora.

I thought Les Arcs was amazing but this was even better! Rivierabike is the only company I’ve gone with more than once. The longest descents I can remember…

There are no ski-lifts and its not as tourist-y as the French ski resorts. Van uplifts and a bit of pedalling are the order of the day, but its all worth it!

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m also having an Alps Blues moment/week while editing footage from this years trip. 😥

Have you tried the White Room, great endless supply of singletrack, as technical as you want it to be..

The video below is from this years holiday at The White Room. Video pretty much starts from Refuge De Mont Jovet, near La Plagne.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcf9FXhd3YM&feature=g-upl[/video]

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve been like that for weeks, went to Gisburn the other week and felt even worse. Spain in November?! ha ha

neil853
    Free Member

There are no ski-lifts and its not as tourist-y as the French ski resorts. Van uplifts and a bit of pedalling are the order of the day, but its all worth it!

Liking the sound of this…

stevomcd
    Free Member

Also fancy doing a trip to a refuge but a lot of the further distant areas around les arcs are in the national park so not ideal, any recommendations for this?

There are plenty of overnight refuge trips which can be done in the Tarentaise without having to go into the national park. We’ve done 3-day hut-to-hut trips in the past, looking at doing a week long one in the future trying to cross the whole of the Savoie (Italian border to Lake Annecy or similar).

neil853
    Free Member

Steve! We had a days guiding with you (me and Bland). We should talk about something like this for next year.

wl
    Free Member

“Where else comes close, especially for endless technical singletrack and fast swoopy forest walkers tracks?”

That’ll be Verbier – and especially the surrounding area – no question. But it definitely needs to be with http://www.bikeverbier.com to get the best out of a visit.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Hi Neil! Yeah, the 3-day trip we’ve done in the past basically took in the riding I did with you guys, then finishing the first day with heading up a side-valley to stay in a refuge near Sainte Foy. Second day riding from there down into Bourg, up through the Les Arcs/La Plagne lifts and staying in a refuge off the back of La Plagne. Finishing with the big descent in milkie’s video above (Hi other Neil!).

Looking at tweaking that, then adding another couple of days to it.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

BikeVillage have done/would do hut trips too.Over to the Beaufortain,stay a night,ride around Beaufortain,stay in refuge way above Aime,ride to Moutiers then home.

bonfield-jones
    Free Member

Second riviera bike!!

neil853
    Free Member

We’ll have to chat more via email Steve, lots of questions such as would that be a stand alone week? Would I need to get a group together? etc. I think me and bland are looking for a multi-day type of thing that will have some pedaling in too, love the idea of never riding the same trail twice and staying in refuses though 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

Drop me a line, hoping to run at least a couple of trips as stand-alones.

neil853
    Free Member

Will do Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where tops Les Arcs?’ is closed to new replies.