Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to ride in central Scotland?
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

Going riding tomorrow. After a bad experience last week with miles of sheet ice, where are trail conditions good? We’re based in Glasgow, currently thinking of Drumlanrig.

Only catch is that we need bike hire facilities for one of our group…

Cheers!

B

TheFlyingOx

Flying Fox Bikes in Alva on the A91 Stirling-St Andrews road that does bike hire and has immensely good trails right behind it in the Ochils. About 45 minutes drive from Glasgow. They definitely do hire bikes & maybe hire helmets too. Can’t remember.
    Some of the trails are out in the open, so may be a bit icy still, but if you head up above the Stirling Uni campus then west over towards Bridge of Allan there is some cracking singletrack through woodland, so that should be a bit better I would have thought. Not done to the east over towards Dollar, but one of the guys in the shop will know what’s best.

robertgray05
    Free Member

Thanks, never heard of trails there!

Any intel on Glentress/Innerleithen?

B

neallyman
    Free Member

Glentress and Inners have been great (snow and ice free) since last Thurs/Friday.

thegman67

Drumlanrig has been great all winter have been down their over the holidays and its been fine you check their wedsite to make sure Ricks shop is open as you can hire everything you need from him

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was at Drumlanrig on hogmanay, and it was as muddy as I’ve ever seen it. Seemed to me that there is an inch – two inches of loose, wet mud on top, and then the ground below is still solid, resulting in very slippery trails.

I couldn’t help but thinking that on some sections, we were actually cutting up the trails.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride in central Scotland?’ is closed to new replies.