Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • where to get a watch pressure tested?
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’ve got a Luminox watch and it needs a new battery

everywhere I have been to says that can’t guarantee its going to be waterproof as they don’t have any way of testing it

I already think the seal might be going a bit as on very cold days the inside of the face gets a bit misty

any ideas where to send/take it?

wwaswas

Edit – http://www.luminoxuk.com/service-centre/

MAKER MENDS
    PO BOX 6003
    BASILDON
    SS15 6BX
    Tel 0845 33 11 468

iain1775
    Free Member

It may be a bit of a trek from New Mills to Derby but there is a jewller on Green Lane (Janet Field I think) that did my Tag Heuer last year, including pressure testing on site, did it next day where as other jewellers where saying it had to be sent away and would be 4 months and cost over £80!!

luke
    Free Member

A lot of debenhams stores have a watch repairer in them who is able to pressure test watches.

Cougar

When I last had the battery changed in my watch, they pressure-tested it (for a nominal fee of course). It was a generic key-cutting and watch repair place in a shopping centre IIRC, maybe Timpson’s or something. They did it in a little chamber whilst I waited (and watched).

mavisto
    Free Member
    showerman
    Free Member

if it fails the pressure test is it then full of water?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Timpsons do it.

nickf
    Free Member

Anyone know a really good place to get a Rolex crystal glass replaced? Mrs nickf broke hers and has been quoted £3-500 to get it fixed. Great watch, much loved, but there’s no need for it to cost that much, surely?

oxnop
    Free Member

All luminox watches mist over slightly on cold days when biking. Mine did it from new.

I replaced my battery and checked the o-ring for damage. I had no issues in the 3 months I had it until it was
    Stolen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘where to get a watch pressure tested?’ is closed to new replies.