• This topic has 22 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by st.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Where to buy Pikes..?
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

Looking to get myself a set of Pikes, in black, 26″, 160mm. Anyone know of anywhere selling them for less than £500? CRC is the best place so far..

Cheers 🙂

creamegg
    Free Member

Hibike good on price but useless on service. Cancelled my order with them as it took them forever to process the order so ordered with bike components instead who price matched hibike. Received 2 days later. At the time they were under £425

(RCT3 solos)

andypandy85
    Free Member

Never heard of those places, stupid Google! Many thanks!

danjthomas
    Free Member

Anyone know if the rc pikes are as good as the rct3? Ignoring the fact that it’s not got the trail mode. Same damper etc?

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone know if the rc pikes are as good as the rct3? Ignoring the fact that it’s not got the trail mode. Same damper etc?

The damping in the RC is the same, but it doesn’t have the same three-stage platform adjust.

I have never wished I had that TBH, just another thing to forget to switch off before the descent and they climb fine anyway.

br
    Free Member

I’m also looking at a set, but going to buy 650B versions so at least they’ll be good if I swap from 26er. Worse-case I’ll just have more mud room.

MARTINJ
    Free Member

Merlin cycles
    Pikes Rct3 dual air white 26 “
    £495.00

acidchunks

Will a 26″ wheel fit in a 650b pike? I was under the impression that it the tyre would rub against the lowers.

+anyone know if fishers will handle warranty issues with pikes bought in Europe? I’d love to give my money to a UK bike shop (lbs or web) but the prices on the continent are very enticing.

julians
    Free Member

+anyone know if fishers will handle warranty issues with pikes bought in Europe?

yes they will, europe is a single market, they cant not honour the warranty

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Will a 26″ wheel fit in a 650b pike? I was under the impression that it the tyre would rub against the lowers.

Should do as it’s smaller.

Must be a massive pain and cost to deal with this, I’d be wondering if a more unanimous eu pricing will emerge

MSP

No they don’t have to at all, they are not part of the supply chain to the shop you bought them from, it is them who have to deal with warranty issues.

They may deal with it anyway and just charge sram for warranty work, depends on the deal they have with sram, but they are under no legal obligation.

mboy
    Free Member

Seems you know something the rest of the bike trade doesn’t! There are all sorts of get out clauses that can be invoked for grey market imports. The buyer still has a contract with the original retailer though, so any issues and you’d post the fork back to Germany, rather than to Fishers.

As for a 26″ wheel not fitting in a 650b fork… Think about it for a second… A 26″ wheel is an inch smaller in diameter, which means it has a radius of half an inch less. Meaning that if you fit a 26″ wheel in a 650b fork you will gain half an inch of mud clearance. Downsides? For the same amount of travel, the fork will be 10-12mm taller, so if you were going to run a 160mm 26″ fork, you’d run a 150mm 650b fork (still with a 26″ wheel in it) to keep the same geometry.

acidchunks

I was thinking that due to the shape of the brace, a 26″ tyre sitting further down the inside of the legs could reduce side clearance.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Seems you know something the rest of the bike trade doesn’t! There are all sorts of get out clauses that can be invoked for grey market imports.

But a product purchased directly by an individual, from a retailer outside the UK is not a grey import.

MSP

Rockshox(sram) have an official supplier into the UK market, fisher, if the fork is purchased through a dealer supplied by fisher then it is an official import.

If a fork is purchased through a shop in another eu country or a UK shop buying through unofficial channels, then it is a grey import and fishers do not have to warranty the item. However you would still have buyer protection through eu directives and local consumer laws, it would just be between you and the shop purchased from, and absolutely nothing to do with fisher.

br
    Free Member

I was thinking that due to the shape of the brace, a 26″ tyre sitting further down the inside of the legs could reduce side clearance.

If this was the case it’d be a bit difficult to get a 650B wheel in… 🙄

acidchunks

Yeah, I realised that after I wrote it. 😳

easygirl

SRAM have a worldwide warranty
    Contact them, they will tell you to send it to fishers, they will repair it under warranty
    Happened with my forks, that I bought in the U.s.a
    No problems at all

andyr
    Free Member

TF Tuned £495 but they strip them down, lube/grease everything and set them up for you.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

If a fork is purchased through a shop in another eu country or a UK shop buying through unofficial channels, then it is a grey import and fishers do not have to warranty the item. However you would still have buyer protection through eu directives and local consumer laws, it would just be between you and the shop purchased from, and absolutely nothing to do with fisher.

A fork purchased through a shop in another EU country is not a grey import, assuming that retailer is an official channel themselves. It is a grey import when a shop is buying and reselling in the UK outside official channels. Not that it really matters, I’m being a pedant!

Thing is, regardless of where you buy it, your contract is ALWAYS with the retailer, not Fishers, even if it is an official UK import.

z1ppy

easygirl –
    SRAM have a worldwide warranty
    Contact them, they will tell you to send it to fishers, they will repair it under warranty
    Happened with my forks, that I bought in the U.s.a
    No problems at all

Though a few year back now, but this is nearly my exact experience too. Fisher’s said I just had to send it back via a dealer, which my LBS was happy to do…

st

I ordered my Pike RCs from Alltricks back at the end of November, very fast delivery and when I opened the box I found I’d been sent RCT3s!

They were in a plain brown fork box with instructions and tokens but no pump so I assume they are oem spec.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy Pikes..?’ is closed to new replies.