Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • where is a good place to buy euros??
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

looking to buy tomoro – so does anyone know of any good deals around at the moment?

ta

Ben

dooosuk
    Free Member

Online via Travelex and collect at the airport is always the best rate when I’ve looked.

However, I just use my debit card in the ATM when I’m out there now as I don’t get any charges (Nationwide) and that gives an even better rate.

clubber
    Free Member

Best deal I know of is to open a Nationwide Flex (Current) account and then use the card abroad. The exchange rate is way better than you can get on normal exchanges or what you get when you take money out usually on a card abroad. Currently there’s no fee to take cash in Europe out so you can actually use it just like you do at home, knowing that you won’t pay a fixed £2 charge each time.

Raouligan
    Free Member

If you need notes then M&S is always a pretty good rate, betetr than my bank and teh Post Office by a country mile.

uplink
    Free Member

Fairfx.com – 1.1350 at the moment

+£6 to deliver [next day Special D] if less than £500

Try here for more options
    http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

willyboy
    Free Member

Raoul – the post office rate is better than m&s i’m afraid (i think it always is to be honest). I’ve checked rates on a few occasions and it normally goes travelex, P/O, then M & S

mugsys_m8

That’s the thing though. A commission free deal is meaningless if the exchange is rubbish and vice versa.

I get paid in £ but live in euroland. Usually I just reserve online with travelex and pick it up at the airport, taking a wadge home to the family like in the old days. I should look into Nationwide, been meaning too ever since Oct when we left UK. I wonder if I could set one up without having a UK address though. Barclays were happy to let me change my address to France. But I’m not sure if any UK bank would let me open an account when I don’t live here.

orange
    Free Member

always get my holiday cash from m&s

steveh

I’ve just got 1.183 from the money shop. They’re a place that do instant cashing of cheques, loans at crazy apr’s etc but also currency at the best rates I can find anywhere. It is dependant on you having one around though!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘where is a good place to buy euros??’ is closed to new replies.