Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • where in the alps for flowly singletrack
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

from what ive read les arcs seems to be very techy and morzine mostly dh ,anyone know of somewhere with nice singletrack?

nickjb
    Free Member

Morzine has lovely flowy singletrack. There really is something for everyone there.

ash

Most places in the Alps have some flow, some tech, some techniflow(TM) and loads of stuff in between.

However, if you’ll let me generalise, Les Arcs has more flowy stuff than most places. Places with steeper valley sides (e.g. Chamonix) are more tech.

robarnold
    Free Member
    scaredypants

Les arcs has loads of flowy stuff – though everyone’s definitions may differ.

Bear in mind, a decent guide at Les Arcs would find you lots of brilliant routes; just following a map might not find you many/any. (same may well be true of all areas buit def so for Les Arcs I think.

Several of the companies there have strong reputations. I’ve been twice with trailaddiction who were ace (though techniflow hadn’t been invented at the time and we had to make do with ambient flowcore – ash has clearly been busy since then ! 😉 )

tomhoward

What’s alpe d’huez like? Or is it a one, mega, trick pony?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ditto Les Arcs.

Also, around Molini Di Triora on the Italian side of the Alps, where Rivierabike.co.uk inhabit.

Lots of variation in both locations with plenty of flowy singletrack – assuming a suitably knowledgeable guide of course.

Alp d’Huez is fairly flowing but its definitely of the DH variety. The Mega route is fairly flowing and very good fun.

Also, the people who put sign posts there seem to have a strange sense of humour….like big random 6 ft drops on the red routes if you take the wrong fork in the trail. You generally see it well beforehand but red grade?? At the other end of the ‘red’ spectrum are tame loops in the valley that wouldn’t even pass as green routes in the UK. Most bizarre.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d suggest lower hills, like the foothilsl fo the Alps, like Riviera Bike area, has more flowy singletrack than the ski resorts.

chakaping
    Free Member

Les arcs has loads of flowy stuff – though everyone’s definitions may differ.

Bear in mind, a decent guide at Les Arcs would find you lots of brilliant routes

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Fantastic area and particularly good for building up to the more technical stuff over the course of the week, as our guide with The White Room did with us.

Massive choice of trails in the area anyway and first place on my list to return to.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for above Sante Foy above les arcs (White Room) and the riding outside of the resort was awesome lots of long flowy riding and some nice hard tech stuff!

Alp d’heuz probably wont occupy you for a week, Deux Alpes up the road is similar.

Morzine has everything and breaking bumps you might need a ladder to get out of in places.

Unless you know an area a guide/guided holiday will improve it loads.
    Vid 1
    Vid 2

purser_mark
    Free Member

+1 Les Arcs, Ash knows what he’s talking about. More Singletrack than I could ride in a week, be back this summer. Happy days!

You might need a guide though.

jcromton
    Free Member

+1 for BikeVillage

They will show you as much flowy singletrack as you could ever wish for. And a bit more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘where in the alps for flowly singletrack’ is closed to new replies.