• This topic has 92 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by 10.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Where do you live and how did you get there?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Born in Kenya when my dad was seconded to Kenyan Air Force. Various RAF bases to the age of 6 when we settled near Peterborough. Mid 20s, met MrsSwadey, also living near and working in Peterborough. Fell in lurve.

I immediately changed jobs and moved to Sussex. MrsSwadey took revenge by giving in work and moving to Siberia for a year with VSO (I'm not actually making any of this up…..)

On her return, we had a year or so in Sussex before I was made redundant. Twice. In 12 months.

A friend of MrsSwadeys had moved home to the Derby area, and we came to visit, saw the (then) house price differential and upped sticks to here. First weekend we were up here it took us half an hour to get to Matlock, previously a 4 hour motorway slog away. Fantastic!

Still here, 10 years this autumn. Now she is officially MrsSwadey and we have Jnr and babyswadey.

domino

Born in Bolton, grew up in Farnworth. Moved to Leeds for University amd each time I have moved its been slightly further north, Leeds, Horsforth, Otley and now live near Skipton.

lister

Whitley Bay, Uni in Bradford including a placement year in Pembroke, briefly Rothbury then Pembroke since 99.
    Shame there aren't any hills here, but it's a great place to bring up kids.

smell_it
    Free Member

Born in Wirksworth, now live in Manchester. I drove up, would probbly want to head back to Derbyshire when I decide to settle down 🙂

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Born in Rinteln (Germany), lived in Tidworth (twice), Camberley, Iserlohn (Germany), Sennelager (Germany), Andover, Paderborn (Germany), Lulworth Cove, Cambridge, Hull University, Banff (Canada) then Vancouver, Andover again, Bournemouth, Leeds and now Bournemouth again.

As part of my new 'B' policy I quite fancy Brighton and Bristol.

Oh! I forgot about Warminster, but you'll forgive me for that.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Birkenhead, Moreton then West Kirby on the Wirral,Liverpool (Aigburth, Toxteth, Kensington) Stanford Le Hope, Aigburth again, Kensington again, Salford, Stockport,Hong Kong, Nairobi, Panama city, Stockport again,Trivandrum in Kerala India, and Now Islington.

Archaic
    Free Member

Born in Sheffield but moved away to northumberland, essex, cambridge and then finally settled in Derbyshire. Went to uni in Manchester and then back to Sheffield 8 years ago and still not escaped it's reach yet. I love the peak district too much to move too far away now.

el_boufador

Macclesfield > Leeds. Thats that so far!

_tom_
    Free Member

Northamptonshire. Lived here all my life. It's shite. I really want to move somewhere more interesting but I can't do that until a better job shows up 🙁

I went to uni in Leicester, wish I went a bit further away as generally the East Midlands is crap.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I'm not well travelled

born in Leeds. School in Wakefield. Uni in Bradford. Still live in BD district now, nearly 30 years on.

Have worked in Bradford, Rotherham, Rossendale, Sheffield & Barnsley. Would like to work in Bradford again just to save the commute but there aren't any jobs that I can do any more local than the one I have. Unless the band takes off…

eth3er
    Free Member

Manama> [born] Zimbabwe
    Nhwali> [2yrs]
    Bulawayo [1 yr]
    Nhwali [2]
    Mtshabezi> [1 yr]
    Nhwali> [3 yrs]
    Esikiti> [1 yr]
    Bulawayo> [2 yrs]
    Esigodini> [4 yrs]
    Bulawayo> [1 yr]
    Leicester> [6 months]
    Wolverhampton> [1 month]
    Leicester> [6 months]
    Sheffield [uni, been here for 8 yrs] – I aint moving for a while, had enough of being a nomad.

OzInbred

Born and grew up in Maidstone, Kent.
    3 Years at Uni in Portsmouth.
    Back to Maidstone for 18 months, then London (Kilburn) for a year.
    Melbourne (AUS) for 7 years.
    Hebden Bridge for 5 years
    Melbourne again for the past year.

Back to Hebden in the next couple of years I think.

Originally from Maidstone.
    Then Sevenoaks, Parkstone, Poole, Christchurch NZ, California, and more NZ.

Now settled in Breckenridge Colorado with the wife (she's from here)

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Where do you live and how did you get there?’ is closed to new replies.