Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Where are we all getting our coffee from now?
  • Sandwich

Wogan in Bristol to add to the recommendations, the Riposo is to my taste.

everyone
    Free Member

I’ve gone for York Coffee Emporium on a completely arbitrary basis.

If you’re lucky I might even report back with how the coffee was!

bob_summers

Only one vote for Hasbean? They were always good when I was last living in the UK (8 years or so ago), as was Monmouth coffee in Covent Garden.

Nowadays I get the odd bag from Union or Square Mile, but postage is expensive, so usually Right Side in Barcelona.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Rave for me too. Was on a monthly sub before that for dark roasted beans. Clear winner was Baytown Coffee Company

cheekyget
    Free Member

Jamaican blue mountain….coz I can 😀

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Subscription to Hasbean and Climpson & Sons. Regularly top up the stash with Square Mile, Artisan, and when it makes its way up North, Clifton and The Barn.

budgierider67

I’ve gone for York Coffee Emporium on a completely arbitrary basis.

If you’re lucky I might even report back with how the coffee was!

Their Ebor blend is my default choice. Love the stuff.

Daffy

Riposo is a nice blend from Wogan’s.

I also use Redber when ordering online; their Mexican Finca is fabulous.

Coffee Compass are okay; Guatemala Finca is also good, but quite pricey

I’m about to try Artisan Coffee in Bristol on Friday as they’re next to Bloc.

kcal

Real Foods when in Edinburgh (not often) – pick up a 1kg bag or more.

Macbeans when in Aberdeen (not often enough) – great variety, lovely little local shop.

Other than that CafeDirect from Tescos..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

From the pot on my desk, the grounds came from Lidl.

On a cost/faff to benefit scale having to grind beans, make coffee in aeropress or expresso machine, etc Vs scoop out of a tin, add just off the boil water, wait 4 minutes, press, and drink is the winner. The beans at home are probably staler than this stuff.

Did anyone watch the TV show “around the world in 80 trades”? Where the guy bought/sold stuff to see if it could pay for the traveling. In one episode he bought some raw beans (probably in Kenya) and shipped them to a roasters/blenders, who then made 100’s of cups, tasted by a panel of tasters, who eventually decided it wasn’t quite good enough.

Then took it down the road to an independent bloke who brewed a pot, tasted it and bought the lot.

I always suspect that Taylors etc buy from the first guy and Pact, has been etc buy from the second.

reluctantlondoner

Pact Coffee – great stuff.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Mrs’ is a Barista at Starbucks. Free coffee tastes nicer!

ruddy
    Free Member

I’m very lucky that a local roaster is around the corner and has an amazing selection.

You guys are lucky that you can order online:

Roberts and Co

Sumatra is good as is the decaf dark.

saladdodger
    Free Member

As Daffy
    Wogan Coffee in Bristol are ace to deal with personally I like the Sumartran Fairtrade at £12 ish a KG you cannot go wrong
    Despite the price the taste is superb

scaredypants

MrSmith – Member
    Roasting party

Awesome, I’m going there !

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Monmouth as they are our sister company. Really notice the difference when I can’t get decent beans!

Kbrembo
    Free Member
    tmb467
    Free Member

Another vote for pact here – I use their whole beans but blend em with a more robust set of beans from Gaggia to do my espresso

And then also get it ground for me cafetière in work. The beans are far from the same taste in a cafetière but a single bean doesn’t always work for espressos. Had a few from hasbean that were nice and one from Bella barista called gaslight espresso blend that was really good but pact is easy especially since you can have multiple delivery preferences

Their decaf is also really good

Kamakazie

Loads of God micro roasters around, many of which have been mentioned but a few others such as:

Coffee Bean Shop
    Smokey Barn
    Rave (their signature blend is a fav for espresso)
    Coopers Coffee Co (Jersey based but I like pretty much all of their roosts in a French Press)
    Coffee Compass
    Hands on Coffee
    The Coffee Bean (based near Cardiff with the Celtic blend being nice for aeropress, although I’ve heard better things about the Blue Mountain blend which I want able to get at the time)

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Where are we all getting our coffee from now?’ is closed to new replies.