Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • When will the Scottish War of Sucession begin?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I wonder what would happen if the referrendum were to be ruled ‘unlawful’ by the UK courts or parliament, or if the result was a narrow margin, say a few hundred or thousand votes. What would happen next? Would it all kick-off? Did Blair ever consider where all this would lead when he set devolution in motion?

footflaps

I say we invade now…

binners

The subs won’t have to be far out of port when they launch…..

br
    Free Member

Did Blair ever consider where all this would lead when he set devolution in motion?

Blair was a politician and therefore had no interest in where it may lead over time, only, would it achieve the results he wanted in the time he wanted.

No different really to Salmond and Cameron.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Highlanders of the world unite – invade Edinburgh and ask(tell) them to come to their senses. TWO WORDS! – Trams and Parliment (building). Ladies and Gentlemen, if they canna get that right then we are doomed.

IHN

[pedant]Is what you’re talking about not a war of independence, not succession?[/pedant]

Although it’d be more grease-stained chip wrapper then star-spangled banner 🙂

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Perhaps I meant secession.

Anyway, it could all turn very nasty…

binners

Did Blair ever consider where all this would lead when he set devolution in motion?

Blair thought he’d set up the perfect system, where it would be electorally impossible for the SNP to gain a working majority. And thus Scotland would be labour for ever

Mind you, Blair thought he’d done an awful lot of other things that in his mind were bloody marvelous too. But with the benefit of hindsight didn’t turn out quite so well. The economy for example.

Oh well. He couldn’t give a **** anyway. He’s earning megabucks working for American Banks and laughing at the chaos he’s created. While eating babies. Probably

footflaps

I thought Cherie ate babies and whilst Tony tortured kittens?

IHN

I thought Cherie ate babies and whilst Tony tortured kittens?

Sounds like an interesting variation of the Um Bongo advert…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

They both ate live rodents in the style of V’s (the original 1984 series) Diana.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t think setting up the devolved parliament was much to do with Blair.

zippykona

Can I just say that I really REALLY hate Blair.

footflaps

I think we should blame Thatcher….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘When will the Scottish War of Sucession begin?’ is closed to new replies.