• This topic has 46 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • When was your last big stack/crash?
  • gonzy
    Free Member

end of August at BPW on the A470 line…i over shot one of the jumps and landed on the front wheel first with too much weight over it…i tried to push the back end back down but momentum carried me over the bars
    landed square on the top of my helmet with my legs straight up in the air before landing on my back
    grazed shoulder blade and elbow and a very sore back resulted …my mate who was behind me though i was doing a handstand as all he could see over the top of the jump was my legs up in the air
    when i think about it i know could have gone so wrong i.e. broken neck.
    the impact of me landing on my back caused the drink bottle in my camelbak to explode…
    cant wait to go back there and nail that track

globalti
    Free Member

Haven’t crashed badly since I stopped mountain biking; have had a couple of slow speed offs while riding the crosser in icy conditions but I’m still waiting for the big high speed road crash and resulting gravel rash. Maybe 12 years of motorcycling and 22 years of mountain biking have taught me some handling skills.

_tom_
    Free Member

2010/11. Big otb on the FOD tabletop which popped my shoulder out a bit and did some ligament damage. Healed up now apart from the odd sharp jolt of pain that happens randomly – feels like an electric shock. Trapped nerve or something maybe ? Dunno it doesnt give me enough grief to worry about! Have since done a jedi course, figured out why I came off and haven’t had a bad crash since. The last funny one was a result of me coming off the fatcrobat woodwork at whistler a bit too quick into the greasiest mud I’ve ever encountered. Nodamage to me or the bike.

wideboy
    Free Member

This thread needs more pics and vids!

My latest effort, September: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgLj6xFDx2c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Muppet…

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Coming down the nutcracker on Dartmoor this June, front wheel clipped a rock and went off line. The next rock finished the off line rotation and turned the front wheel 90 degrees to direction of travel. The bike stopped, I didn’t and Imperial dangly bits got a battering from the handlebar end before it smacked into my pelvis bone and threw me forcefully OTB into the brambles.

Took a few days for me to stop feeling kicked in the balls.

mcnultycop

12th October. Windy Hill to Blackstone Edge – been dropped off at Windy Hill car park, rode down towards the motorway bridge, first rock slab I hit I came off. No idea what happened. (I’m blaming angry walkers setting traps, with no basis whatsoever – it wasn’t a skill deficiency!) Heard a crack and lay there for a while.

Displaced fracture of elbow, bruised ribs, soft tissue to thigh. Just been to have the cast off (tension wire repair) and told the cast is on for another fortnight.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pP3p6f]Chicks dig scars?[/url] by mcnultycop, on Flickr

Just had 20 staples out.

jedi

tom,the skill set still working eh?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘When was your last big stack/crash?’ is closed to new replies.