Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • When was the last time you had a really good dance?
  • tang
    Free Member

I’ve only had one this year. And probably one decent one per year for the last 5. I used to live to dance with or without stamina inducing ‘help’.
    Was lucky enough to be in the National Youth Company as a 16 yo. We had some good times, mainly as my friend and I were the only straight(ish) lads.
    Anyway I could do with a good dance in front of good system for a couple of hours right now.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Arcadia in Bristol this summer, first time in a long, long time, must get out more!

allfankledup

Village ceilidh last year

Up again just before Christmas

lemonysam
    Free Member

Halloween. Dressed as a wolf in a boiler suit. With the three little pigs.

tang
    Free Member

A good ceilidh is great shout.

slackalice
    Free Member

It’s been way too long for us. Having moved to the wilds of east anglia from a south coast city, finding good trance or psy-trance nights localish is proving tricky.

Even have assistance in hand… Ready and waiting 😀

tang
    Free Member

Friends of ours used to run glade and some others flying rhino, another dancing chapter….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’s really something you can’t beat. I think my last was Halloween at a DnB event, although I can’t remember it that well. Over summer it was near enough every Friday night; off down the big ‘ouse with a mate; “friday night regulars” the DJ knew us as, always used to play us 50 Cent. Ain’t done it for a while though, n she’s left the country now. Just dance at home instead 😉

alwillis

I’m not normally a big dancer, but we got married in May and had a 10 piece Dorset folk band come and play. I’ve never heard Britney Spears played on a watering can, so I used to opportunity to have a properly good time, the sight of my dad with his arthritic knees being shown up by several older relatives will live long in the memory.

Before that would have been the last few big nights out after my finals at uni.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Whitby the weekend before last.

A damn good mosh was had 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

(This was probably foolish with a still broken ankle… and I paid for it with pain for about 3 days afterwards. But it was worth it!)

Northwind

About a month back, rocking the **** out at a metal club.

colp

At the Stone Roses reunion gig in Manchester a few years ago.
    Having a nice bop, looked behind me and there’s Neil Hodgson, said hello, carried on dancing.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

ibiza – closing parties last year – felt old then, feel older now.

pondo

Hayley and Alex’s wedding in September, pretty much only at weddings these days.

yetidave
    Free Member

last Christmas at the Christmas party, with a very attractive college… 😳

looking forward to this years do! 😉

disco_stu
    Free Member

2 weeks ago to the sounds of Truss, Surgeon and the rest of the House of God crew.

qwerty
    Free Member

I quit after Raindance NYE 1991 at Melton Mowbray.

My feet only dance on the pedals now 😉

Edit: **** me, i’ve just counted, and thats coming up for 24 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a friends 49th birthday yesterday, oh my, i’m soooo old 😕

PS: A colleague bizarrely has the notion that i’m gonna be moving and a grooving on the dance floor at her wedding in December, oh how naive she is 🙂

sc-xc

Probably last year in a dance tent…but looking forward to Megadog at Manchester next week…Eat Static, System 7 & Dreadzone 😉

mattbee

Cousin’s wedding at the end of September.
    In a barn in Cornwall, the set list their mate who dj’d put together was basically a journey through our teenage to kid 20s years back in the 90s and early 2000s.
    Couple that with a free bar and the wife and I danced like the drunken loons we were!

qwerty
    Free Member

My Mrs is in this:

[video]https://vimeo.com/49943638[/video]

made in Stroud 😛

wrecker
    Free Member

I dance all the time! Me and WreckerJnr dance to the gigglebiz theme, to public enemy (when Mrswrecker isn’t around) and to whatever is on the radio in the car. We love it.

onandon
    Free Member

Can’t stand dancing. hate It.
    Love music – strange

ferrals
    Free Member

Surely the answer for any self respecting male is ‘never’? 😆

I’ve enjoyed myself dancing once or twice – but the bystanders have been less impressed 😳

Last enjoyment time i guess my wedding a few years ago – as said weddings seem to be the only time i dance now. For which I’m thankful!

alishand

Scottish weddings almost always have a ceilidh, so a couple of times a year at least.

And Ceilidhs are proper dances – 3 hours of sweating and dancing to a deafening ceilidh band, going as fast and as brutal as possible (in certain dances) in a full wool kilt set up (very hot!).

If you and your partner don’t have bruises from dancing the next morning – you did it wrong.

Edukator
    Free Member

Rock and roll once a week. Dancing is popular as a social activity in France. Salsa, Lindy, Tango… .

tops5
    Free Member

Saturday night at this year’s ‘Ardrock – I don’t know what came over me, the rhythm (San Miguel) got me! 🙂

slowoldman

October.

breadcrumb

I had a dance off with an American a couple of weeks ago in Vegas. It was a bit Run DMC-ish until I ran out of moves so I charged at him like a bull.

I think I won.

alexpalacefan

Headcharge reunion. Sheffield, 2 weeks ago.

APF

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Happy Mondays Gig last night dancing like a 20 year old….

Pill, thrills and bellyaches 25 years old tour

45 in April !

Mister-P
    Free Member

Friends of ours used to run glade

Biff?

Last decent dance (and I use the term loosely) was at Leftfield on the 12th of June. Damn, I need to sort that out.

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Last summer, had three weddings stayed up late and danced along with the younger girls, learned to ‘slut drop’ and was almost bowled over by what could best be described as a mad girl doing some sort of rodeo slap bottom twerking move, I left the floor.

senorj

Properly ,in a wild abandon stylee,not for ages,beastie boys at bestival maybe.
    Often dance with the boy,but that’s just dad dancing 🙂
    I used to love a good dance.

mboy
    Free Member

Used to live for getting my groove on at the weekend… These days it’s a very rare occurrence sadly! 🙁

Last time was just over 12 months ago, The Plump DJ’s played Subtone in Cheltenham (tiny little venue, mostly full of pretentious kids who didn’t have a clue who was playing)… One of the first on the dance floor, and very definitely the last off it! 😛

Dear god I need to get out more… Age is no barrier for getting out and having fun, there’s too many people far too old before their time in this world!

badnewz
    Free Member

At an office xmas party last year. The music was up-its-own-arse house and garage for the most part, but I was over the dancefloor like a bad rash the moment the pogues slipped on the jukebox.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you had a really good dance?’ is closed to new replies.