Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • When there's a huge gulf between forecourt price and we buy any car value
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve spotted a nice vehicle at a local dealer. It’s up for £10k but a WBAC valuation came in at just over £3k.

Does this mean that the dealer is taking the piss royally or do WBAC pay peanuts?

I’m in a quandary now.

Advice appreciated.

martinhutch

Both, obviously.

woffle
    Free Member

both

as a seller – when we sold our Fiat Panda 4×4 there was about a 75% difference between what WBAC offered and what we sold it for..

dannybgoode

Its risk transfer though as well. Sell the wbac and its gone. No hassle, no comeback.

They then make a bit and the dealer makes a bit. Both have business expenses and the dealer has to include some warranty as well.

You don’t have to sell via wbac but it may be worth it for a quick transaction.

I sold my Focus via them and it all went very smoothly…

DezB
    Free Member

dunno if this is available online, email me the car details, reg, cond etc and I’ll get my bro to check the actual value.

Harry_the_Spider

[nosey]What are you after Neil?[/nosey]

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sounds about right.

Dealer would sell for about 8x what WBAC want to offer me. The word desultory doesn’t even cover it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

For a car to get from WBAC to its eventual owner it will pass from seller(aka Mug) to WBAC, to auction, to dealer, to customer – 3 ‘middle men’ all assuming risk and taking a profit, the dealer might also have to spend money on it to ensure its road worthy (okay some don’t bother).

So a 3k buy price can turn into an 8k sale price.

The best way to try to work out the value of a car is to look on autotrader and see what similar models are being offered at, dealers aren’t stupid and know they have to be competitive, at least locally to get people in the door so the market is self-regulating to a certain extent.

derek_starship
    Free Member

My bollock! *

I entered the wrong reg into WBAC!

* so much better than my bad.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Brilliant! Not just me who does daft things then lol

I was just about to post that I thought wbac was owned by Mannheim auctions, anybody know if that’s right?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘When there's a huge gulf between forecourt price and we buy any car value’ is closed to new replies.