Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What's wrong with my legs?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

I have a weird sensation in my legs. It's like a weight is sitting on them at the very top and front of my thighs when I'm sitting. Standing, walking etc I'm fine. I don't think it's the muscle but the tendons? (is that what they're called?) running down the front of my thighs at the top – feels almost like a mild burning sensation and just worse when I sit.

I was riding cruiser bmx a week or so ago and pushing a really stupid high gear off the start gate and that's the only thing that I can think of where I might have damaged something but it was a while ago and I've never had this before?

It's both legs, the right one slightly more?

And yes, I'm making an appointment with my doc tomorrow….

Any ideas

carlphillips
    Free Member

I was riding cruiser bmx a week or so ago and pushing a really stupid high gear

if said pain wasn't there before that activity then i think i know what your problem could be..!!

Smee
    Free Member

A dose of high potency MTFU should do the trick.

clareymorris

I would book a visit with the nearest sports massage therapist 😀

roundwheels
    Free Member

the doc will just open a can of woop ass on you and tell you to mtfu boy

Zedsdead
    Free Member

LOL

Yeah, but it's weird as I've never had this before? It's really annoying – not painful but discomfort.

I think it's my age kicking in….

Zedsdead
    Free Member

oops – double posty

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don't think it's the muscle but the tendons? (is that what they're called?) running down the front of my thighs at the top – feels almost like a mild burning sensation and just worse when I sit.

I'm no expert, but I pretty sure you don't have tendons running down the front of your thighs. Sounds like tight underpants to me. Still, you've got an appointment with your doctor tomorrow – he might know.

clareymorris

I'm not even going to attempt suggesting stretching……….not even going to try to attempt it 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

pants are loose man.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It does kinda ease if I stretch…… for a wee while anyway…

It's age catching up with me aint it? I think it's time to leave the bmx racing to my kids now….

scaredypants

Sounds awful !

I reckon you've got compartment syndrome

A&E right now, don't wait for the GP tomorrow

project
    Free Member

Do you have any hot patches on your legs,localised hot spots,if so straight down to A nd E as it could be DVT.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

nah, the burning sensation is all over the top fronts. Only if I'm sitting – like sitting in an office chair, bent at 90 degrees.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Oh, and I looked at the symptoms for DVT – it doesn't really fit with that…

roundwheels
    Free Member

you do realise this is a bad idea. about 4 weeks ago i turned to Dr google and it turn out i had 4 weeks to live.your best bet is a physio and not a doc (nothing wrong with me now )

Zedsdead
    Free Member

lol, yeah. I just wondered if I had overdone it a bit and someone here may be able to say "yeah, I've done that – it's cos I'm old"

coffeeking
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog

Why are you obsessed with the idea that it's 'because you're old'? It sounds like you've just strained something mildly, which you can do at any age, just do some stretching ffs. If you're over 90 then yes, it probably is age related, but you're probably not a day over 65…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup – you are too old for a bmx.

Its little tiny muscle tears from unnatural pastimes for a man of your age. You'll be fine

BadlyWiredDog

You are old though, don't forget that. It won't be long before bits just start falling off spontaneously :-/

Zedsdead
    Free Member

lol, cheers.

I just remembered I was jumping about 8ft in the air on a huge kids trampoline!!!!!

This did not help the situation…..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong with my legs?’ is closed to new replies.