Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ..Whats up with my patch tool in Photoshop….
  • crazant
    Free Member

I’m lost with this one, up until a couple of days ago when i used the Patch tool it was fine…did my outline moved it over the bit that i wanted it to be replaced with and hey presto a perfect copy…but now when i do it it shows the new piece clear until i release and then it goes all cloudy..What really is confusing me is that this has happened on my home PC and my work one so god knows what i have done…i have Transparent unchecked and it is behaving the same whether i use source or destination…
    Sorry this must sound naff if you don’t use Photoshop but would some Photoshop expert help me out….Its CS2 if ot helps…
    Any ideas ..
    Thanks
    Anthony

MrSmith
    Free Member

has the mode changed? (lighten/darken/soft light/difference etc)

crazant
    Free Member

I can’t see a mode option when using patch tool, its a fresh opened image and its doing it with any picture..it was working fine a few days ago…

If the image shows, the bit which is fuzzy it the bit that i have patched, when i drag the patch over to the black area its shows all ok and is black but whn i release its does this…

And i can’t work out why it has happened on 2 Pc’s…

crazant
    Free Member

Click thumbnail for big pic…

tonto
    Free Member

That looks like you have used the healing brush rather than patch – it is on the same tool selection button.

crazant
    Free Member

No defo patch tool ..source, destintion and transparency at top..tool is a square with jagged edges. Like i said been using it fine till last few days…
    Cheers

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Just reset the tool I reckon. Seems to solve most weirdness like that.

crazant
    Free Member

Done that and deleted my prefs…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘..Whats up with my patch tool in Photoshop….’ is closed to new replies.