Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Whats the worst thing humans have ever done??
  • collinstiffee
    Free Member

What can we possibly do wrong?
    “there is nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so…”

Reality TV?

Personally,
    I killed a mouse with a broom.
    I stole 50p as a child

pypdjl
    Free Member

ever tried it?

Strangely enough no, I haven’t tried dying of an easily cureable disease. Have you?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep. No, maybe you’re right and the africans dying of treatable diseases don’t know how good they have it

That simplifies the situation so much it is stunning.

yunki
    Free Member

Yep. No, maybe you’re right

well.. disease and famine are disease and famine..
    that’s indisputable..
    and largely irrelevant to any point that you seem to be trying to contradict..

Strangely enough no, I haven’t tried

evidently

backhander
    Free Member

Cures for and prevention (sanitation etc) of disease as well as the prevention of and intervention (aid etc) in famine goes hand in hand with our evolution.

Northwind

Killing spiders rather than taking them outside with a cup and a bit of paper

DaRC_L

Deep fried pizzas?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Killing spiders rather than taking them outside with a cup and a bit of paper

I do that all the time – my wife has a phobia of them and putting them outside isn’t enough – they have to be killed.

And if you DO pick them up – why a cup? I just pick them up in my hands if my wife isn’t around to see.

s
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member

Invented god.

That & inventing 3 way light switches!

roper
    Free Member

murderer

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Was reminded today what the British government did to Alan Turing. That was pretty rubbish. Not as bad as the Holocost/Hiroshima, but it’s still bad.

Would also like to say CFCs were a bad thing, as was adding lead to fuel. Both of those were done by this man Thomas Midgley – who contracted polio aged 51, constructed himself a bedlift, and got killed by it.
    good to read about.

willard

I do that all the time – my wife has a phobia of them and putting them outside isn’t enough – they have to be killed.

I am in exactly the same boat. if I fail to kill/exterminate said poor, harmless arachnid, then she _will_ leave the room and refuse to come back in unless I have found it and disposed of it.

Poor things.

Trimix
    Free Member

Allow our population to grow larger than the planet can support.

(and religion / not educating kids)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

murderer

I know, but rather that than the alternative.

There was one time I was at a footie match (Leeds) and at half time I saw I had about 500 missed calls. They were all from my wife because she had spotted a big one (ie, you could see it). Eventually she plucked up the courage to vacuum it up and, as I wasn’t going to go home halfway through a match, I said I would sort it on my return.

When I got back the vacuum was sat there and still switched on – she had assumed it would crawl back out if she switched it off! So the vacuum was red-hot and we had one VERY dizzy spider 🙂

shmuk
    Free Member

The fundamentally selfish and greedy nature of humans has a lot to answer for in terms of all the problems prevalent across the world

coffeeking
    Free Member

Worst thing? Taking a wonderful possible scientific advance and turning it into a weapon of ultimate mass destruction. Actually using it is unpleasant and not great, but humans ability to automatically think “I can take that immense amount of energy and use it to kill people” is what scares me.

Religion is the next worst thing.

shmuk
    Free Member

Not sure I agree with religion being amongst the worst things.

True, religion has been the cause of a lot of problems in history (often because ‘religion’ has been used by individuals to justify their cause). But it also has inspired much of the charities and humanitarian work that goes on the world today.

roper
    Free Member

lol

When I got back the vacuum was sat there and still switched on – she had assumed it would crawl back out if she switched it off! So the vacuum was red-hot and we had one VERY dizzy spider

It might be worth seeing if you have a local arachnid club or insect house near by. They could be quite good in helping her get over her fear. Can’t be very pleasant, especially in my house.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Teach “man made” global warming as fact.

pypdjl
    Free Member

Not sure I agree with religion being amongst the worst things.

I think you’ll find this is now a thread of “random things people happen to dislike”.

DaRC_L

pypdjl let’s face it the OP was always going to take it in that direction, or a humorous one.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It might be worth seeing if you have a local arachnid club or insect house near by. They could be quite good in helping her get over her fear.

We have discussed this before and she finds her irrational fear to be quite rational and therefore doesn’t want to stop being scared of them – she thinks it just means her head has been tricked into believing she isn’t scared when she knows she should be.

If that makes sense 😕

DaRC_L

ahhh that’s feminine logic that is

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The illegal fielding of Carlos Tevez by West Ham in the 2006/2007 Premieship Football season, resulting in the relegation and subsequent demise of Sheffield United as a viable team.

Are Sheffield fayns still banging on about this, all these years later? 🙄

You’ve conveniently omitted the bit about Sheffield being crap all season, which was the real reason you got relegated, let’s face it. Had you not gone down that season, it would’ve bin the next one. Youse were bloody awful. But blaming the Tevez thing though; talk about clutching at straws. Good. Youse deserved to go down, and you deserve to be where you are.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

ahhh that’s feminine logic that is

Yep.

I made myself get over my fears of needles when we were going through IVF and I needed to inject her every day (really my worstestest possible fear connected to them). But does she consider that each time I have to squish a spider? Nope! 😉

Bimbler
    Free Member

multiplied

philconsequence
    Free Member

MF… make friends with a gang of tarantulas and invite them over for a few beers, sometimes “flooding” is the only way to get over it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not worked with those awful lolcats though Phil 🙄
    Sorry for clarity said as a sarcastic jokey comment. I am largely indifferent to them

fourbanger – Member
    Teach “man made” global warming as fact.

Failing to understand basic science [ or actually reading anything on the issue that is in a peeer reiewed scientific publication] and believing the ramblings of right wing journailsts, with no scientific background, then preaching that as fact.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF… make friends with a gang of tarantulas and invite them over for a few beers, sometimes “flooding” is the only way to get over it.

I would hate to think what that would do to her 🙁

nonk
    Free Member

built that stretch of motorway to blackpool.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ah, but its a good way to realise you’ve made a mistake and get back out of Blackpool quickly?

I think you’ll find this is now a thread of “random things people happen to dislike”.

Don’t think so. I genuinely believe that ITV, Sheff Utd and lager are the worst atroscities mankind has ever committed.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Personally it would have to be the silent but epically nauseous and noxious fart i let go in a camper van on the Isle of Skye in 1995. We’d just picked up two sexy dutch hitch-hikers who then promptly got out again at the next junction. My mate still hasn’t forgiven me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I genuinely believe that ITV, Sheff Utd and lager are the worst atroscities mankind has ever committed.

😆

Shoon’t laugh, but it was funny… 😳

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Treat people like things

Nick

I appreciate that this thread has gone the way of most threads, and who am I to argue about that.

Religion is however, the worst thing humans have ever done, we don’t need it and it is always used by those who like to abuse, so what if a few people do good things in the name of religion, millions more do good things just because they can.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Cynic-Al.

xiphon
    Free Member

+1 for god

Rorschach
    Free Member

/\ The same thing apparently 😉

Spud

Discovered how to use fossil fuels!

yunki
    Free Member

changed the format on Masterchef..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Whats the worst thing humans have ever done??’ is closed to new replies.