Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's mine worth?
  • bearnecessities

It’s too good for me, and I prefer to see some cash in the bank and a nice retro HT which I know and can ride/crash without too much concern.

It’s an 07 S-Works Stumpy (FSR120), full XTR, Talas RLC, Crossmax SL, Thomson etc

It’s USP is that it’s frickin’ immaculate….and I mean immaculate. Tiny cable rub on crown, that’s it. That’s part of the reason I don’ enjoy riding it; one off and it’s no longer immaculate. That’s not the way I like to treat a bike, but it is with this one..

What’s an reasonable price? Scouring eBAy hasn’t helped, just confused me.

I have all documentation, instructions etc for everything.

If it’s not worth more than £1k, I’ll keep it, but it really is a smashing example. (to note, it’s the gold one that was available in UK as frame only)

Thanks, Rich

EDIT: Fully serviced shocks etc, it’s basically showroom condition, but that may not count for as much as I think.

Rorschach
    Free Member

6 years old….and original equipment?
    You’ll be keeping it I guess.

nedrapier

It might pain you, but you’ll get more for the bits separately.

No idea what you might get for them. Unfortunately it’s about 10 years too young to be “retro”

chief9000
    Free Member

Agreed, time is passing…. probably you will keep it.

But the money is money and that bike is losing value every week you keep it. You could probably cut your losses and get what you can. That way you don’t end up with zero.

althepal

Pics then so we can see..

bearnecessities

It might pain you, but you’ll get more for the bits separately.

Yup, too much. It’s a perfect bike and I just couldn’t do that…some things are worth more than money and I couldn’t destroy it! Appreciate the suggestion though, you are right!

bearnecessities

Don’t have an decent pics. I did actually think it may be worth just storing in the loft and waiting for it to become retro!!

ajantom

Don’t have an decent pics. I did actually think it may be worth just storing in the loft and waiting for it to become retro!!

That’ll be a long wait……well if you define it in the Retrobike way. Only pre-97 bikes can be ‘retro’!

Try ebay on a free listing weekend with a BIN of £999.
    Take great photos and write a really good listing bigging up it’s pros and listing all the paper work you have, etc.
    You might get a bite. 2007 isn’t that long ago, and full-suss technology had pretty much settled down by 2004/5, so it still counts as a modern bike IMO.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The problem with Full-suss when they are second-hand the buyer has more to consider pivot bearings rear shock and by the nature of the bikes they are hammered more.They are great fun but you lose alot of money on them.I had a Trek Ex8 2011 mint sold it 9months later been used not over done sold it for £1260 cost £2300 crap.Just the way it is with full-suss.Then you get other side have one for 8 years goes pop and you get an update frame and shock brill.Apart from most of your parts wont fit :D.Cant have everything.
    As for the price of yours you would be doing well to get £550 for it.

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

I have that frame at around that spec and it is a great bike. Mine is the US only red version of the Elite so like yours looks a bit different but it is well used so I dont mind further wear and tear. IMO it’s a keeper.

Last year I upped the travel (and plushness) with a 140mm Fox Float up front and a longer (200mm x 50mm) RP23 giving 135mm at the rear and I will be riding it for a few more years I’d have thought.

I do have a scruffier s-works Hardtail though so am not really in the same position as you. If it must go break it for maximum wedge. You could put half the bits into a neo-retro build on an old frame.

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Sorry…

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Apologies (schizoid embolism)

bryan-g-

I sold the same frame as that just over a year ago on EBay I got £450 for it and £170 or the forks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's mine worth?’ is closed to new replies.