Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • What's made you smile today?
  • matt_outandabout

weeny kids at work throwing the instructors in the Loch.. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

that roar when they announced Mo Farrah at the medal ceremony just then..

CaptJon
    Free Member

yunki – Member

Aiden Burley must be well annoyed.

deluded
    Free Member

+1

logical
    Free Member

I’m gonna add all these posts to my smile too 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

My 3 year old son in our Sainsburys local singing the rainbow song very loud:

Red and yellow and pink and blue, orange and purple and Poo Poo

He even got a comment from a fellow shopper about how nice his singing was

LOL! that takes me back, a loooooong way back…

When my bro and I were kids, mum shopped at ASDA.
    At the time, their slogan was ‘Wherever you go, the prices are low, that’s ASDA price’, seemingly played on continuous loop as you shopped.
    Bro and I would sing, at top of our voices ‘However you try, the prices are high that’s….’
    35+ years later, I can still see my mum blushing as she tried to calm us down….

davidjones15
    Free Member

This.
    So many experts, so little knowledge. 🙂

matt_outandabout

The fact that GB is 3rd in medal table – only 1/3 behind the Chinese who have 2,300x the population. 8)

brakes
    Free Member

the joy that my pigeon scarer worked, at least until it got dark, from what I could see.
    a broom shank struck against a garden table makes an almighty crack! 🙂

Kuco

+1 for the cheer for Mo and also Tom Daley getting his medal.

llama

ride in the sun

tan lines

nice food and drink

limpics

unklehomered
    Free Member

+1 for Daley, young lad, so much pressure, such tough competition, a tough lesson in the reality of competition. Fantastic performance tonight. So little in it in the end.

Glad he got a medal, hope he’s still there in 4 yrs time.

deluded
    Free Member

the joy that my pigeon scarer worked, at least until it got dark, from what I could see.
    a broom shank struck against a garden table makes an almighty crack!

You went for my suggestion then (in part) – good lad!

stuey
    Free Member

Getting up very early to watch Perseid meteors- remembering getting back together with my Mrs, 9 years ago whilst watching them together in the middle of nowhere.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs Stoner and I explaining to Stoner Jr that Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world at the moment. To which he replies: “What, even faster than you mummy?”

kimbers

the telegraph talkback going into meltdown because a somali born brit has made the nation proud

brakes
    Free Member

You went for my suggestion then (in part) – good lad!

kind of. I was cleaning the decking at dusk and there were two of them settling in for the night in the tree right above me. I spent 20 minutes trying to make a noise to scare them so they didn’t shit on my head. the broom shank worked well.
    maybe I’ll try that a few times to see if they get the message before I try anything more permanent.

nickewen
    Free Member

Riding a series of mooo-hassive berms and giggling like a school girl as I did so!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Sleeping out in the mountains of Torridon and watching satellites and shooting stars at 1.30am.. and lighthouse’s in the distance around Loch Torridon and over to Skye.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Bolt doing the Mobot.

sharki
    Free Member

Many smiles today for many reasons.

Finished with one to when i popped out to hunt for night time wildlife…

metalheart
    Free Member

Well I picked up my green Solaris frame yesterday (watching the shop trying to find the rest of the headset was funny, just as well I haven’t ordered my transmission yet and so don’t actually *need* it straight away)…

Going climbing in a bit, if I lead HVS today I’ll definitely be smiling :mrgreen:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

^ Is a bit “Silence of the Lambs” Shane!

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy

IanMunro
    Free Member

the telegraph talkback going into meltdown because a somali born brit has made the nation proud

Just started reading the comments on their headline article. There’s some quality arguing on there.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Having a big ride on dry and dusty trails finally!
    Having 2 offs, the second was going to be otb, managed to jump off and over the bike avoiding certain injury. Lucky lucky lucky!

Coyote
    Free Member

Went to the beach with my family. Just the four of us. Nice walk round Llandudno then fish and chips on the prom. Never stopped smiling all day. It’s the simple things…

saxabar
    Free Member

Yesterday: great morning ride around Lake Colywd and then down to Llandudno to see and touch the owls. There are many types of smiles.

TheWrongTrousers

The thought of Fedexing a cat igloo complete with litter, poo and cat to someone I don’t like very much (see Stupid Cat thread)

swamp_boy

First decent ride in ages, big loop through rural Herts with a half way stop at the John Bunyan for a couple of pints. Nice dry firm going most of the way, sitting here after food and more beer with arms and legs tingling from the nettles. Bonus was the pub landlord giving what for to some ramblers who thought their dog was too precious to be put on a lead. One of the advantages of owning the business is that you don’t have to be polite to morons.

Dancake
    Free Member

I found my Car key in the Woods after a couple of hours searching for it…

takisawa2

Seeing the Green Flag Breakdown van turn up after our caravan had a blow-out on the A380, down in Devon last night…now that made me smile.

Earlier in the day it was my lads explaining to some folk that the crab they had pulled out of Brixham harbour, with a pincer & four legs missing, was called “Lucky”.

solarpowered
    Free Member

My bike and the special, lovely people I’ve met because of it!

Also the team I work with every day ….. Speaking to them today about the new bf, looked up from doing a scale and polish on a dog to see: a gay vet and a very young vet care assistant pulling the ‘muscle bound’ ‘pointing directions’ poses at me! Saying “we not good enuf for you?”!

Believd me, it was VERY funny!!!!!! It’s like working with The Waltons!

I also think that ‘you lot’ make me smile too! 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Following a chimney sweep van through Worcester today, with a sticker on the back saying:
    “No Soot Kept In This Van Overnight”

😉

samuri
    Free Member

I got an email from a man called ‘Mike Cock’ today.

solarpowered
    Free Member

‘Mike Cock?’…… WTF? The poor beggar! 😉

solarpowered
    Free Member

Just remembered – I’ve met a ‘Dwane Pipe’

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘What's made you smile today?’ is closed to new replies.