Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • What's going on at Afan???
  • volatilemike
    Free Member

I used to really like the dark feel of the start of 373 on the wall, but they’ve recently had to thin the trees. Doesn’t feel the same!

orena45

Yeah I’m doing the WGES race on the Sunday. The trails being used are Helter Skelter, The Rock and Happy Life on Blade and the Black Run on White’s, so those will be closed to ‘the public’ I think.

Guess I’ll turn up on Saturday and see what’s open foodwise.

Not been to Afan for 3 years so looking forward to it, but am aware of all the deforestation that’s occurred. Looking at some recent Youtube clips, it does look a lot rockier than before in places, but it is what it is I guess now.

kiksy
    Free Member

Looking at some recent Youtube clips, it does look a lot rockier than before in places, but it is what it is I guess now

One of my friends said that its much rockier than it was a while back. Personally that’s why I like it so much, feels much more natural than some of the ‘motorway’ trail centres.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yeah I’m doing the WGES race on the Sunday. The trails being used are Helter Skelter, The Rock and Happy Life on Blade and the Black Run on White’s, so those will be closed to ‘the public’ I think.

Was thinking of popping over on the Saturday but I can’t see any info about any trail closures anywhere. Where do they usually get posted?

ferrals
    Free Member

Not been to the glyncorrwg car park in ages, recently did bluescar, penhydd and the wall. The wall seems fine, the trees protecting it from a lot of the weather. Blue scar had a lot of rain gullies in the surface and a couple of bits were down to the tarpaulin membrane below the stones. Penhydd a bit rockier and looser that last summer, I guess just so exposed not surprising.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Really enjoyed our day riding the Wall and Penhydd on the last weekend of Jan, also really enjoyed BPW on the Sunday even if they are very different. Afan seemed much rockier in general and much more natural in feel, on the flip side the reds at BPW were challenging and fun with enough rocks to be interesting!

orena45

mrblobby – Member

Was thinking of popping over on the Saturday but I can’t see any info about any trail closures anywhere. Where do they usually get posted?

Forest Ranger info on FB

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What's going on at Afan???’ is closed to new replies.