Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whatever happened to the Endura Stealth ?
  • iainc

I still like mine for cold dryish rides but noticed there that Endura don’t make them anymore. There are a few around still in some sizes.

I’d have thought this would have remained a winter top seller for them, guess it wasn’t…..

sq225917
    Free Member

Sure you’ve got the right name, the Stealth 2 is still current.

Always considered mine a wet and/or sub zero jacket. It’s my foulest weather clobber.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The original stealth was always too warm for me.

Only time I’ve been truly comfy in mine was at the strathpuffer with just a base layer under.

My stealth lite and stealth extreme bib longs I hate with a passion. Has to be pishing it down before I wear em. Not enough stretch in the fabric. Feels like your wearing a cheap wetsuit.

br
    Free Member

Always considered mine a wet and/or sub zero jacket. It’s my foulest weather clobber.

+1

Never been out in anything it couldn’t handle, especially twinned with the matching tights – my go-to outfit for wet winter all-day and night rides.

iainc

Stealth 2 now only made in ladies version according to Endura website. I do like mine for properly cold rides but agree it’s a bit warm if temp much above zero.

Certainly appears discontinued now.

frankconway

Iain, Tweeks website shows s/m/l/xl on black and s/xxl in green; £70 – down from about £150.

iainc

Cheers Frank

scotroutes

Stealth Extreme bibtights are the bees knees when it’s properly cold and wet. For fatbiking in snow they’re perfect.

I bought some Stealth Lite bib tights last Autumn but I find the material is uncomfortable against my skin without the Roubaix-style lining of the Extreme version. I wouldn’t choose to wear them on longer (>4 hr) rides.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have some Endura Extreme bib tights and they are excellent. Sadly down South its only cold enough tonwearvthem a few weeks a year. No frost on the ground = not cold enough.

I looked at the Stealth years ago and bought their Windchill which whilst not fully waterproof has been excellent and cost half the money.

iainc

I have a Stealth and a Windchill. Stealth only comes out if likely to be under 3 or 4 degrees. Windchill is good from about 4-10 with a LS Baselayer.

I have worn the Stealth when it’s been way below zero and not felt cold if moving, great bit of kit, hence surprised it appears to have been stopped production.

Lummox

Also had stealth and windchill, very rarely wore the stealth and the windchill fitted better so sold the stealth- don’t miss it tbh

julzm
    Free Member

I have the windchill biblongs which are excellent under baggies in the winter. Unless it’s pouring down, I wear a pearl Izumi transfer base layer, normal riding LS jersey and a Rab xenon x vest. Out in -2 to 5, this is a perfect set up, if it starts raining I swap the gilet for a waterproof – I find if you get a really decent base layer, that doesn’t get cold when wet, that makes the biggest difference to staying warm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to the Endura Stealth ?’ is closed to new replies.