Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what wheel world?
  • sfinnie
    Free Member

Hub on my 29er rear has properly given up: bearings + freehub terminal. Not an expensive one (shimano hub / alex rim) so unlikely to be worth fixing.

So looking for suggestions. To go on a Singular Swift, used for nice, natural XC riding. So v limited gnarl. Running 1×10 XT.

Have Hope Pro2/Arch EX on the other bike which are great. Pro 4s a bit above budget though from what I can find.

Only need a rear, budget up to £180, maybe a little higher for something worth it. Tubeless preferred.

What say you good people? Thx.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got DT swiss ones on my new bike, they’re a factory wheel-set bu AFAIK they are XR331 rims and I’m very impressed with them.

sfinnie
    Free Member

I’ve got DT swiss ones on my new bike, they’re a factory wheel-set bu AFAIK they are XR331 rims and I’m very impressed with them.

Thx Steve, will take a look. Are you running tubeless?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah, they came with DT swiss tubeless tape installed and I got the valves, Vittoria TNT tyres went on without levers and inflated with a normal trackpump.

bikeytom
    Free Member

I’m currently I’m the market for exactly the same wheel you are describing and have been recommended to look at a Halo Vapour, haven’t tried one yet though so can’t comment!

sfinnie
    Free Member

Thanks @bikeytom, that’s a new one on me. Will take a look.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’d just get a s/h Hope/Arch..

sfinnie
    Free Member

I’d just get a s/h Hope/Arch..

Know anyone who’s selling?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what wheel world?’ is closed to new replies.